LTR Geigerrig Cappetta

  • Christopher Cappetta
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 31, 2012
      Hey Jamie
      Below please find my Geigerrig LTR.
      *http://tinyurl.com/875vepz
      *Thanks,
      Chris

      Long Term Report

      I have used the Geigerrig about ten times as a running pack and once
      mountain biking since my Field Report. I remain pleased with it's
      performance. In addition to back country use, the Geigerrig has become my
      primary school bag with the hydration system removed. To that end I have
      worn it extensively. Until very recently Southwest Colorado was
      unseasonably dry and unfortunately I wasn't able to use the pack Nordic
      Skiing as I had hoped. Despite the drought we had plenty of cold, so I did
      get to test the Geigerrig in below-freezing temperatures. I would keep the
      nozzle tucked in my armpit (with the bite valve closed) and had no problems
      with the hose or bite valve freezing.

      As in the Field Report all of my runs, as well as the bike ride, were in
      the high-desert hills at Hartman Rocks Recreation Area outside Gunnison,
      Colorado. It is uncharacteristic for Hartman's to be open at this time of
      year, but due to the weather I was able to run there throughout the early
      winter. There isn't much flat trail at Hartman's so I grew to appreciate
      the pressurized hydration I was afforded by the Geigerrig. With traditional
      hydration packs I've used drinking on the uphill sections was a definite
      hindrance. The spray stream of the Rig 700 lets me wet my mouth and maybe
      drink a small amount without breaking my stride or breathing rhythm.

      I typically take many breaks to enjoy the scenery so I would typically
      carry a down jacket out to ward off a chill. I would bring maybe a small
      snack � a bar or two � and my keys. With a full hydration bladder I still
      had room for extra layers if I had desired them.

      Throughout the test period I used the Geigerrig with only unflavored water.
      I was diligent about emptying and taking apart the hydration pack to dry
      after uses and I have yet to encounter any unpleasant odors.

      If pressed to find some flaw in the Geigerrig I would point to the chest
      buckle. While trying to buckle it single-handedly it jammed on rare
      occasion. I think it has to be inserted on a set track; inserted at an
      angle it will not buckle properly. As I said, this only happened a few
      times throughout the test; I mention it mainly for lack of other flaws.

      As far as durability and innovation I could not be more pleased with the
      Rig 700. It is a tough piece of gear with some remarkable thought put into
      its functionality.

      Final Summary

      I began this test with a high opinion of the Geigerrig and time has proven
      it accurate. The rig is durable, well engineered, and sleek looking. I
      would certainly recommend it to a friend.
      I'd like to thank BGT and Geigerrig for the opportunity to test this
      awesome pack.

    • Jamie D.
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 1, 2012
        Hi Chris,

        Looks like another test series under your belt. Excellent! Thank you for making monitoring easy. My edits, comments or suggestions are listed below marked with ## below a snip of your words. You are good to upload after they are addressed.

        Safe hiking,
        Jamie D
        Monitor – GEIGERRIG pack monitor

        You - GEIGERRIG Rig 700 Ballistic Hydration Pack
        Initial Report 18 September 2011
        Field Report 28 November 2011

        ##Edit – Please add the LTR caption and date to the top of your combined report

        You - Thus ends my field report. Please check back in two months time for my Long Term Report. A hearty thanks to Geigerrig and BGT for the opportunity to test this pack.

        ##Edit – please remove this sentence from the end of your FR.

        You – Geigerrig

        ## Edit – all the references to GEIGERRIG need to be capitalized.

        You - I remain pleased with it's performance.

        ##Edit – its (these are so pesky, I interchange them all the time)

        You - The rig is durable, well engineered, and sleek looking. I would certainly recommend it to a friend.

        ##Edit – rig should be capitalized

        I also noticed one spot in your FR where GEIGERRIG is in lower case still. Please fix that when you do the LTR corrections. Thanks.