LTR - GEIGERRIG 700 Ballistic Pack - AB

  • Andrew Buskov
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 30, 2012
      Here is my LTR for the GEIGERRIG 700. HTML can be found here:
      http://tinyurl.com/6m36xqd

      AB
      _____________________

      Long Term Report: January 29, 2012

      Testing Locations:

      During the final testing phase I was able to get an additional two nights
      worth of testing and 4 day hikes. All of these hikes were in the Western
      Kentucky area, with most being in the Land Between the Lakes recreational
      area. All elevation was near the 500 ft (150 m) mark. Due to the mild, yet
      still cold, winters I was only able to test this equipment on warm weather
      days and nights with no precipitation.

      I've continued to be pleased with the GEIGERRIG Rig 700 Ballistic Hydration
      pack. Additional use has shown that the pack really does stay where I want
      it with little shifting in any direction. While I've been able to use this
      on overnight trips, it was mainly used as a water bladder and not nearly as
      much as a pack. I needed entirely too much equipment to stay safe and warm
      to be able to use only the Rig 700 without an additional pack. I feel that
      the Rig 700 will see a lot more use as a three season pack than it ever will
      during the winter months.

      All material remains intact. No additional scratching or scuffs can be
      found, and it still has not needed to be washed yet. The buckles continue to
      remain intact and functional as do all zippers and pulls. The bladder is
      still pliable with no cracking areas, and it is still intact with all the
      continued use it has received. In short, all materials used are in nearly
      the same condition as when the pack arrived at my door.

      My only complaint continues to be the hassle that is involved with filling
      the pack, especially on the trail. Having to remove the bladder completely
      from the pack to fill it is really a pain. While I had discussed the option
      of adding a quick coupling to the hose tube so as to back feed through the
      inline filter, I'm not so sure this would be the best option. I would much
      rather see the manufacturer include a quick coupling wye that would allow
      the bladder to be filled from the dirty side of the system. That being said,
      the pack really is a pretty ingenious design and one that serves its purpose

      I'd like to thank BackpackGearTest.org and GEIGERRIG for allowing me to
      participate in testing the Rig 700 Ballistic Hydration pack.
    • Jamie D.
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 31, 2012
        Hi AB,

        Thanks for taking on and completing another test series. Sounds like you ended up with a neat piece of equip on this one. Just one thing and you are clear to upload.

        My edits, comments or suggestions are listed below marked with ## below a snip of your words.

        Safe hiking,
        Jamie D
        Monitor – GEIGERRIG pack monitor

        You - That being said, the pack really is a pretty ingenious design and one that serves its purpose

        ##Edit – You left off the period at the end of this sentence.