LTR - Incrediwear Incredisocks - Kerri Larkin

  • Kerri Larkin
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 22, 2012
      Hi Carol,

      Please find following my LTR for the Incredisocks, for your editing pleasure. My HTML version can be found here.

      Thanks in advance for your edits and it's been a pleasure working with you.

      Kind Regards,

      Kerri

      Text as follows:

      LONG-TERM REPORT

      LONG-TERM TEST LOCATIONS AND CONDITIONS

      I've used the Incredisocks for a total of four more backpacking days since my Field Report, and another three non-hiking days (around town). Even though the Incredisocks are cooler than most socks I've worn, it's been just too darned hot too wear shoes often. My hikes consisted of one overnight hike in an open forest environment (coastal) where temperatures ranged from 29 C (84 F) during the day to 21 C (70 F) overnight, and two day walks. The first day walk was in a rainforest environment with temps around 24 degrees Celsius (75 F), the second along a coastal path with temps about 18 C (64 F) and rain showers all day. In every case, the humidity was the killer and I'd estimate it was usually between 65% and 90%. As much as I would've liked to have done more multi-day trips with the socks, the weather has been too foul and unpredictable most of this summer. We've had very few fine days but when they arrive, they are scorchers. It's constantly really humid to the point where the mushrooms are getting Athlete's Foot!

      The coastal walk included some very steep sections which, I'm pleased to say, didn't upset the socks at all. Quite often I find steep grades cause my socks to bunch or slip, but that didn't happen with the Incredisocks.

      <<IMAGE GOES HERE. ALT TEXT = "IMAGE 3" IMAGE CAPTION = "Minimal signs of wear">>

      PERFORMANCE IN THE FIELD

      Nothing has changed since my Field Report with these socks - they are still just as comfortable, and still give that weird 'buzz' to the feet. As mentioned above, the socks still fit really well with no signs of bagging or slipping. There's very minor fluffing of the material, which I believe will result in a softer sock, as advertised, rather than being a defect. There's only minimal signs of wear on my two pairs of socks and the printing on the socks is pretty much as clear as ever. I've not found any loose threads or signs of worn elastic. All in all, these socks look like they will last quite some time.

      <<IMAGE GOES HERE. ALT TEXT = "IMAGE 2" IMAGE CAPTION = "Wonderful tailored fit - always comfy">>

      Although I'm not a big fan of shoes or boots, I must say these socks make things more comfortable when I must wear closed in shoes. I still can't quite work out how they do it, but the socks do seem to make my feet feel almost cold when I don't have a boot or shoe on (which is a good thing as far as I'm concerned), and significantly cooler than I'd expect when I have. They are comfortable enough to leave on as camp socks, although my feral nature prefers to be sans footwear whenever possible. I usually just wear flip-flops around camp.

      I've washed both pairs of socks a couple more times since my last report, and find no obvious damage, matting or pilling effects. The socks dry fairly quickly and retain their shape well. I've washed the socks due more to psychological need, rather than because they've become stinky! So far, I've still noticed no appreciable odour to the socks before washing.

      <<IMAGE GOES HERE. ALT TEXT = "IMAGE 1" IMAGE CAPTION = "Not enough pong to interest Sam!">>

      One of the nice things I've noted is that the Incredisocks remained comfortable and close fitting even when wet. During a long day walking in the rain, my feet and boots got a thorough soaking: perfect blister conditions. I'm happy to report I got no blisters. Because the socks are so well tailored, there's no rubbing, chaffing, or slipping around. It was a sheer joy to be wearing the socks in such weather!

      SUMMARY

      So are the Incredisocks incredible? I believe they are. They have proven themselves to be comfortable in a range of weather conditions, and temperatures. I'm still no closer to understanding the science behind the whole Carbonized Bamboo and Germainium technology but, for my money, I believe it actually works. Certainly the socks seem to have a remarkable ability to keep my feet comfortable. Whether that's mind over matter, or not, don't matter to me - all I know is my feet have stayed at a comfortable temperature in a range of conditions, which is something very new to me!

      The socks seem built to last: they haven't caught on anything, pulled threads, worn excessively, or sagged into a floppy heap.

      In case you haven't got the message yet, I really like these socks!

      CONTINUED USE

      The Incrediwear Incredisocks are now a part of my permanent gear list. They have answered every test I've given them, and done so without raising a sweat, literally. Yes, I will be continuing to use these socks until they wear out, and when they do I will be replacing them with more of the same.

      This concluded my Long Term Report on the Incrediwear Incredisocks. I'd truly like to thank Incrediwear and BackPackGearTest.org for the opportunity to be involved in this test.

    • Carol
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 1, 2012
        Hi Kerri,
        Welcome back from your OOP.
        Html looks good. Nice looking dog :)

        My HTML version can be found here.
        *** There wasn't a link. ***

        Even though the Incredisocks are cooler than most socks I've worn, it's been just too darned hot too wear shoes often.
        *** This is slightly confusing. I suggest changing 'shoes' to 'socks' ***