Re: [backpackgeartesters] Re: Attn: Alex Legg

  • Kathy Waters
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 3, 2012
      Alex,

      I know this is a very confusing issue with so many browsers, screens, etc. One way to check on how your report will look on various screens is to go to http://www.screen-resolution.com/ and insert the URL for the test file and check it out at 1024. I'm "assuming" this will work with a MAC as well as a PC.

      Thanks for working so hard on this. As a rule of thumb, I personally never use a picture (or combination of pictures) bigger than 800. It saves my sanity (a bit).

      Happy New Year!

      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 3, 2012
        NOTE: This does not seem to work with Chrome so install Firefox or something
        else if you're using Chrome as your default browser.

        AB

        > http://www.screen-resolution.com/ and insert the URL for the test file and
      • alex
        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 3, 2012
          I would like to thank you all for your input. I have to admit that creating HTML was a foreign language to me a few months ago, and I am only barely getting it now. The page at http://www.screen-resolution.com/ doesn't seem to want to work for me, but I found that I can easily set my NVU screen to 1024, and I see what you mean about the scrolling. Now I can build the HTML in the size that it's viewed in. I will repost the report here to be sure its alright before posting to the BGT site again. As soon as I can figure out how to paste text alongside my pictures, I think I will be able to create much better looking reports. I can put that inquiry in the help group page if I don't figure it out soon. Thanks again to everyone, it's great to know that there are people out there to help me out with this.