IR tasc performance V long sleeve - L Pontious

  • Lori
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 2, 2012
      url: http://tinyurl.com/6ofyths

      tasc Performance V Long Sleeve
      Test Series by Lori Pontious

      INITIAL REPORT - January 2, 2011

      Tester Information

      NAME: Lori Pontious
      EMAIL: lori.pontious (at) gmail.com
      AGE: 45
      LOCATION: Fresno County, California, USA
      GENDER: F
      HEIGHT: 5'7" (1.7 m)
      WEIGHT: 165 lb (75 kg)

      I backpacked, camped and fished all over the lower 48 states with my
      family as a kid, and then life happened. I restarted these activities
      about four years ago - I dayhike or backpack 2-6 times a month. I am
      between light and ultralight. I have a hammock system and own a
      Tarptent. My base weight depends upon season and where I go.
      Product information

      Manufacturer: thriv NP, inc.
      Manufacturer URL: www.tascperformance.com
      Listed Weight: not listed
      Actual Weight: 5.3 oz (150 g)
      Size: Medium
      Fabric: 55% Organic Cotton, 40% Viscose from Bamboo, 5% Elastane
      Color: Sunset Purple
      MSRP: $35.00

      Product Description
      I received my Performance V Long Sleeve (alias the shirt) in mint
      condition with no frays, missed stitches, and with tags safety pinned
      to a seam. The fabric is soft and feels good against the skin. The
      brand and country of origin ("made in India, designed in New
      Orleans") is printed on the fabric at the back of the neck; the tag
      on the side seam instructs me to "machine wash cold, do not bleach,
      tumble dry low, warm iron if desired."

      Image courtesy of thrive NP, inc.
      The Performance V Long Sleeve is made of 160 GSM performance fabric.
      GSM stands for "grams per square meter" and measures the thickness of
      the fabric. It is described by tasc as having excellent wicking
      ability and "naturally remains odor free." It is also described as
      providing UV protection, a feature I appreciate. The shirt is a blend
      of cotton, bamboo and elastane. The website describes the shirt
      fabric as "drapes like silk and feels like cashmere" - while I
      wouldn't go so far as to say it's exactly like cashmere, it does have
      a nice drape to it that reminds me of a heavier silk and it is quite

      tasc stands for "technical all season comfort." The focus of tasc as
      a brand is on light weight, moisture wicking, four way stretch,
      breathable, UPF 50+ and comfort.

      Initial Report

      Upon receiving the shirt, I immediately put it on. The shirt is
      comfortable and quite light. There are no places along the seams that
      rub uncomfortably - in fact, I don't even feel the seams. The shirt
      is advertised on the tasc website as being "not too loose, not too
      tight." The dimensions of the shirt appear to be correct and it fits
      me as well as it fits the model on the website (despite my slightly-
      different proportions).

      I wore this shirt under my sweater for a cold New Year's Eve, and was
      quite comfortable with it against my skin all day. I am hoping that
      it will be as comfortable when I am hiking with it on.

      This appears to be a very nice shirt. I can find nothing to dislike
      about it so far.

      I will be wearing the shirt as a base layer for any winter trips I
      take, and as a sun shirt on cool hikes in early spring. My thanks to
      thriv NP, inc. and BackpackGearTest for the opportunity to review the
      Performance V Long Sleeve. I will be back in May with my Field Report.