Edit - LTR Ryders Eyewear Defcon Sunglasses - Nancy Griffith

  • richardglyon
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 30, 2011
      Nancy,

      Excellent report, and I'm happy that these worked out so well for you. My only sunglasses test was another Ryders model, and I was also very pleased.

      A few edits, all but one suggestions, below. You're approved to upload after revising; don't forget to delete your Tests folder copy. Thanks for making my job an easy one.

      Happy New Year!

      Richard

      <<I wore them on my daily lunch-time walks at work and on the drive home.>>
      Edit: I think that in the US "lunchtime" is one word. No hyphen necessary.

      <<I wore them for 9 dayhikes, 2 mountain bike rides, 2 afternoon runs, 2 tennis matches, >>
      Edit: Any single-digit number reads better if written out: nine, two, two, and two.

      << Sport sunglasses are typically designed for larger people than me so they usually hurt my ears and slide off of my nose during vigorous activity.>>
      EDIT: As written this is projection – you haven't tried every sunglasses maker there is. How about " In my experience sport sunglasses are typically designed . . ."?
      Edit: larger people than I

      <<Although these aren't safety glasses I like using them for wood-cutting>>
      Comment: The USFS would consider them safety glasses. Any glasses that don't shatter fit its definition.

      <<Since I wear them so frequently, they are either hanging on my car visor, sitting on my dresser or countertop, in my tent pocket or on top of my head or helmet when not being worn.>>
      Edit: The first two clauses have a verb, the latter two do not. I'd write "they are either hanging on my car visor or sitting on my dresser or countertop, in my tent pocket or on top of my head or helmet when not being worn." Or you could add "or sitting" before "on top of my head."

      <<The Ryders Eyewear Defcon are a great fitting, functional pair of sunglasses>>
      Edit: great-fitting [with a hyphen. Missed this in your FR; if you choose to change you should change it there too.]
    • Nancy Griffith
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 31, 2011
        Hi Richard,

        Thanks for the quick edits and for providing great feedback.  I was clearly not an English major.  Actually I am the polar opposite...an engineer ;)

        I've made the changes and uploaded...and deleted the test file.

        'See' you again in 2012!

        Nancy

        <<<<Although these aren't safety glasses I like using them for wood-cutting>>
        <<Comment: The USFS would consider them safety glasses. Any glasses that don't shatter fit its definition.
        I added 'marketed as' since I agree that shatter-proof is one definition but having side shields is another.  Hopefully this is more clear.