FR - Kigo Drive Shoes - Carol

  • Carol
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 27, 2011
      Here is the FR for the Kigo shoes a little early since I'll be backpacking on the due date.

      HTML is here:
      http://snipurl.com/21f4shj

      Carol

      KIGO DRIVE SHOES
      TEST SERIES BY CAROL CROOKER
      FR
      December 27, 2011

      FIELD REPORT

      FIELD LOCATIONS AND CONDITIONS

      Near daily use over the last two months in the mornings before work and afternoons after work.

      1 day: Wore all day at work. Stood up and walked around on carpet for about 5 hours. Spent the remaining time sitting.

      4 days: Walked dog around block on asphalt.

      2 days: Wore shopping on tile floors.

      1 day: Bike ride around the neighborhood.

      PERFORMANCE IN THE FIELD

      <<IMAGE GOES HERE. ALT TEXT = "IMAGE 1" IMAGE CAPTION = "The Drive shoes look great with jeans.">>I've been wearing the Drive shoes mainly as house shoes for the last 2 months. I will get a chance to try them on a backpacking trip during the next report phase. After decades of wearing house and outside shoes with arch support, I've been using the Drive shoes to strengthen my feet. My feet feel stronger but they are not ready for barefoot style running yet.

      The Drive shoes have held up well. The soles show little wear and all the parts are undamaged even though a puppy enjoyed attacking the bungee cords while the shoes were on my feet.

      The shoes slip on easily but I've learned I need to hold the tongue with one hand, otherwise the tongue gets pushed into the shoe as I slide my foot in. I haven't had to adjust the bungee since the first few times I wore the shoes.

      I wore the shoes to work with jeans on a casual Friday. The Drive shoes looked "normal" and did not solicit any unwanted attention (unlike the barefoot style toe shoes my colleague wears). I still need more support for a day of standing on my feet, so I haven't worn the Drive shoes to work again. I have worn the Drive shoes for shopping and errands several times. The shoes were complimented as looking "very comfortable" on one occasion.

      The shoes were comfortable when I wore them walking the dog around the block. The toe bumpers add some protection and the shoes stayed on my feet without any problems. My only complaint is that a crease is created across the toe area when the shoe flexes and the crease rubs my toes. I've had this happen with other shoes that are a bit long for me.

      I wrote in my Initial Report that the shoes are 50% heavier than claimed. Rachelle from Kigo responds, "The weight we report is based on a EU37 sample size, and so a larger shoe will weigh more than reported. It is entirely our fault for not detailing size specific weights, but hopefully an ounce in one direction or another won't be tremendously detectible to the wearer." The shoes I am testing are a women's 12 which is about EU43.

      SUMMARY

      The Drive shoes are flexible and provide a bit of protection for my soles and toes.

      <b>Things I like so far:</b>
      - Unobtrusive appearance.
      - Fit easily adjustable with one pull.
      - Fit my bare feet and my feet with socks.
      - Tread shows little wear after 2 months of near daily wear on tile.

      <b>Things I don't like so far:</b>
      - My large size shoe will not fulfill my dream of a superlight camp shoe of only 4 oz (113 g).
      - Top of shoe creases when flexed and irritates my toes.

      Copyright 2011. All rights reserved.
    • Edward
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 1, 2012
        Hello Carol,

        Happy New Year! One edit, otherwise looks good.

        > I wrote in my Initial Report that the shoes are 50% heavier than claimed. Rachelle from Kigo responds, "The weight we report is based on a EU37 sample size, and so a larger shoe will weigh more than reported. It is entirely our fault for not detailing size specific weights, but hopefully an ounce in one direction or another won't be tremendously detectible

        ### EDIT: detectable

        to the wearer." The shoes I am testing are a women's 12 which is about EU43.