Are there any map software geeks in the house?

  • Shane
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 22, 2005
      That many, eh? Well, ya'll are in luck. BGT, in cooperation with National
      Geographic is pleased to announce that we have three copies of the all new
      TOPO! Streets & 3-D Views, Expansion Pack for your testing pleasure!

      See http://tinyurl.com/6t48k for details.

      This one is a little tricky, so please pay close attention.

      In order to use the Expansion Pack, you must have a TOPO! State Series
      already.

      http://tinyurl.com/3leo5

      If you do not have one, then one will be provided to you IN ADDITION to the
      expansion pack. HOWEVER, those persons already owning a TOPO! State Series
      already will receive preferential treatment in the selection process as NGS
      has specifically requested at least one tester that already owns the TOPO!
      product.

      This test is likely to get complicated. Testers MUST read both links above
      to understand what they will be testing, and include language in their
      applications that indicates that they understand both products. PLEASE
      indicate whether or not you already own the TOPO! State Series already or
      not. If you do, please indicate the state and version that you own. If you
      do not own it, please indicate what state you will need. You should be
      doubly sure that your computer meets the specifications listed in the links
      above.

      Applications should otherwise be complete. This item counts towards the
      newbie limit. U.S. Testers only. PC users only - NO MACINTOSH! - the Mac
      version isn't out yet.

      I would like to close this one in 7 days. Hustle!

      Shane
      BGT Moderator
    • wjj2001
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 27, 2005
        Shane-

        I'm a bit confused. We are testing just the expansion pack, or also
        the state series. I do understand the state series is required to use
        the expansion pack, but we have already tested the state series. So,
        what is it? It seems the expansion pack would be a rather
        straightforward test, but the two items in one test could be rather
        difficult.

        Thanks,
        Bill

        --- In backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com, "Shane" <shane@t...>
        wrote:
        National
        > Geographic is pleased to announce that we have three copies of the
        all new
        > TOPO! Streets & 3-D Views, Expansion Pack for your testing pleasure!
        >
        > This one is a little tricky, so please pay close attention.
        >
        > In order to use the Expansion Pack, you must have a TOPO! State
        Series
        > already.
        >
        > This test is likely to get complicated. Testers MUST read both
        links above
        > to understand what they will be testing, and include language in
        their
        > applications that indicates that they understand both products.
      • Andrew Priest
        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 27, 2005
          At 01:06 PM 28/02/2005, you wrote:

          >Shane-
          >
          >I'm a bit confused. We are testing just the expansion pack, or also
          >the state series. I do understand the state series is required to use
          >the expansion pack, but we have already tested the state series. So,
          >what is it?

          Hi Bill

          Putting on my smart arse hat ... sorry but couldn't resist >:-} .... but
          Shane did say and I quote, "we have three copies of the all new
          TOPO! Streets & 3-D Views, Expansion Pack for your testing
          pleasure!" Shane then goes on to say, "This one is a little tricky, so
          please pay close attention. In order to use the Expansion Pack, you must
          have a TOPO! State Series already."

          I think he has already answered your question.

          Andrew

        • Chief Moderator
          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 27, 2005
            As I remember, they were willing to provide the state series if the selected
            tester didn't already own it. Shane, you might want to confirm that.

            Jerry

            >I'm a bit confused. We are testing just the expansion pack, or also
            >the state series. I do understand the state series is required to use
            >the expansion pack, but we have already tested the state series. So,
            >what is it?

            Hi Bill

            Putting on my smart arse hat ... sorry but couldn't resist >:-} .... but
            Shane did say and I quote, "we have three copies of the all new
            TOPO! Streets & 3-D Views, Expansion Pack for your testing
            pleasure!" Shane then goes on to say, "This one is a little tricky, so
            please pay close attention. In order to use the Expansion Pack, you must
            have a TOPO! State Series already."

            I think he has already answered your question.

            Andrew

            Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

            <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=12930maab/M=298184.6018725.7038619.3001176/D=gr
            oups/S=1705065786:HM/EXP=1109656799/A=2593423/R=0/SIG=11el9gslf/*http://www.
            netflix.com/Default?mqso=60190075> click here

            :HM/A=2593423/rand=377308447>

            _____

            Yahoo! Groups Links

            <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

          • wjj2001
            Message 5 of 9 , Feb 28, 2005
              Thanks, that's what I thought. What suggests maybe we're testing both
              products is the comment "Testers MUST read both links above to
              understand what they will be testing, and include language in their
              applications that indicates that they understand both products."

              Given the clarification that we're only testing the expansion pack,
              I'l get an app in Tuesday if there aren't enough apps by then. (I'm
              out all day today.)

              Bill

              --- In backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com, "Chief Moderator"
              <ChiefModerator@B...> wrote:
              > As I remember, they were willing to provide the state series if the
              selected
              > tester didn't already own it. Shane, you might want to confirm that.

            • Shane
              Message 6 of 9 , Feb 28, 2005
                > I'm a bit confused. We are testing just the expansion pack, or also
                > the state series. I do understand the state series is required to use
                > the expansion pack, but we have already tested the state series. So,
                > what is it? It seems the expansion pack would be a rather
                > straightforward test, but the two items in one test could be rather
                > difficult.

                You are not required to review the State series, just the Expansion Pack.
                If you don't have the State series, one will be provided - but no review is
                expected beyond the Expansion Pack.

                Shane
              • Shane
                Message 7 of 9 , Feb 28, 2005
                  > As I remember, they were willing to provide the state series if the
                  selected
                  > tester didn't already own it. Shane, you might want to confirm that.

                  That is confirmed, but we need at least one person who has the state series
                  already.

                  Shane
                • rayestrella1
                  Message 8 of 9 , Feb 28, 2005
                    wrote:
                    > > As I remember, they were willing to provide the state series if
                    the
                    > selected
                    > > tester didn't already own it. Shane, you might want to confirm
                    that.

                    > That is confirmed, but we need at least one person who has the
                    state series
                    > already.
                    >
                    > Shane

                    As you know, I might not have my tester agreement in yet, but I have
                    the Topo California series, if you need a tester. If so I will send
                    in a formal application.

                    Ray
                  • Shane
                    Message 9 of 9 , Feb 28, 2005
                      > As you know, I might not have my tester agreement in yet, but I have
                      > the Topo California series, if you need a tester. If so I will send
                      > in a formal application.

                      As long as you've got your two ORs in, you can send me your detail
                      information off list and I'll put you in the 'good' pile. We had some
                      issues with my mail service that should be all sorted now. Some things got
                      lost...

                      Shane