Application - Baffin Booties - Alex Legg

  • alex
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 1, 2011
      These look great!

      Please accept my application to test Baffin Booties. I have read and understand the entire BackpackGearTest.org Bylaws v0609 including Chapter 5. I agree to comply with all requirements. My signed tester agreement is on file.

      Tester Information:
      Name:  Alex Legg
      Age:  30
      Gender:  Male
      Height:  6'4" (1.9 m)
      Weight:  195 lbs (88 kg)
      Shoe size: USA 13
      Email address:  alexlegg2 AT yahoo DOT com
      City, State, Country:  Tucson, Arizona, USA

      Backpacking Background:
      I grew up backpacking in the Rockies. I hike ranges near Tucson, Arizona during winter, Colorado during summer. I carry a light pack, mostly water. I tend to camp with a tarp whenever possible to reduce the weight of my two person tent. Primarily I do day hikes, but I am known to spend 5 days out. Temperatures range from to extreme winter to 100 F (38 C) , and elevation from 2000' (600 m) to 14,000 (4,300 m). I bag a mountain every weekend, and walk my dogs daily through deep sand and overgrown mesquite trees in our local washes.

      Test Plan:
      I can't tell you how many times I have been sitting at a campsite after a brutally long hike and all I wanted to do was take my boots off, but it was too cold and the ground was too unforgiving to my unprotected feet. The Baffin Booties look like they could supply the warmth I need without sacrificing protection for the bottom of my feet. I look foward to reporting back on the warmth and durability of these booties as well as the ease of packing them in my pack and their overall comfort. I also foresee a significant amount of use around the house on the cold tile floor.

      Current test load: Sea to Summit Pack Tap (FR due 1/17/2012), The Ultimate Hang (initial Reporting), Tasc Performance Tee (awaiting delivery)
      Tester status page: http://teststatus.backpackgeartest.org/T1896.htm
      Owner Reviews in past year (not including initial 2): 4
      Owner Review link: http://www.backpackgeartest.org/tester_reviews/alexlegg
      Outstanding applications: 0
      Additional BGT roles: None at this time

      Thank you for the consideration!