Application - REI Arete ASL Tent - Brian Hartman

  • Brian Hartman
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 1, 2011
      Please accept my application to test the REI Arete ASL Tent.

      1. DISCLAIMER
      I have read the BackpackGearTest Survival Guide, version 0609, including Chapters 4, 5 and 6, and I will follow all requirements.  I have also completed the tester agreement and submitted it as required.  I will have no difficulty meeting the minimum expected use requirements for this test.

      2. PERSONAL BIO
      Tester Bio
      Name:  Brian Hartman
      Age: 43
      Gender: Male
      Height: 5' 9" (1.7 Meters)
      Weight: 145 Pounds (66 Kilograms)
      Email address: bhart1426 at yahoo dot com
      City, State, Country: Westfield, Indiana, U.S.

      3. BRIEF TEST PLAN:
      a) I have backpacking trips planned to Northern Wisconsin, Southern Indianaand Clevelandthis winter which should offer perfect conditions (COLD and WINDY) for testing the durability and weatherproofness of this tent.  I would also like to test this tent’s Dead End pole sleeves and Speed Pitching option which REI touts as allowing for quick setup.   If these features work as advertised, I should be able to setup camp quickly if weather conditions happen to deteriorate. b) I will be camping solo and with my son who is a teenager and almost as tall as me.
      I am very excited for the opportunity to test the REI Arete ASL Tent.  Thank you for considering my application and thanks to REI for providing this tent for testing.
      4. PREVIOUS TESTS / ORs
      Previous reports: http://www.backpackgeartest.org/tester_reviews/crazycamper%c2%a0
      Upload and post score: -1
      Owner reviews (last 12 months): 3

      5. STATUS PAGE: http://teststatus.backpackgeartest.org/T1849.htm%c2%a0%c2%a0%c2%a0
      Sherpa Saba-Tek pants - IR
      Magellan GPS - FR
      Wolverine boots – FR

      6. APPLICATIONS UNDER CONSIDERATION – None