LTR- Smartwool Microweight Tank- Nancy Griffith

  • Nancy Griffith
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 30, 2011
      Hi Kathy,

      I've posted my LTR to the test folder for the Smartwool tank.  I sure like this fabric!

      Thanks in advance for the edits.

      Nancy

      Here's the link and text:

      http://tinyurl.com/3ez3vsu

      LONG-TERM REPORT

      LONG-TERM TEST LOCATIONS AND CONDITIONS

      <<IMAGE GOES HERE. ALT TEXT = "tank LTR">>During the Long-Term Testing period I wore the tank on one backpacking trip, 2 mountain bike rides and 2 day hikes for a total of 6 days wearing.  I machine washed it 2 additional times.
      Backpacking:
      Bucktail Path, Elk State Forest, Pennsylvania: 2 days, 15 mi (24 km); 55 to 70 F (13 to 21 C); 2,100 to 2,700 ft elevation.

      PERFORMANCE IN THE FIELD

      I continued to find the tank to be a useful layer in cooler weather and a nice single layer in warm weather.  I especially liked it as a sole layer during months when the sun was low enough to not risk a nasty sunburn.  It layers well and is nice to have under a long-sleeved shirt on cooler mornings so that I can take off the outer layer as things warm up and have the tank ready to go.
      The tank has a nice fit and works well with pack straps.  I never had a problem with straps rubbing my skin or feeling uncomfortable.
      My absolute favorite thing about this tank is that it absolutely refuses to hold any foul odors.  I can wear it for multiple strenuous days in a row and not notice any aroma.
      The durability of the tank has been great.  It looks very similar to the photo as-new.  The seams are all intact.  There is no pilling or snagging of the fabric.

      SUMMARY

      Likes:
      Doesn't retain odors
      Comfortable fabric and fit
      Doesn't hold wrinkles
      Dislikes:
      Nothing!
      This concludes my Long-Term Testing Report and this test series.  Thanks to Smartwool and BackpackGearTest.org for allowing me to participate in this test.

      Copyright 2011.  All rights reserved.