Application - Pack Tap - Kurt Papke

  • Kurt Papke
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 2, 2011
      1. I have read the BackpackGearTest.org bylaws v. 0609 in their
      entirety and my signed compliance statement is on file.

      2. Bio: Resident of Tucson, AZ. 6' 4", 235 lbs, age 58, gender=male,
      e-mail: kwpapke(at)gmail(dot)com. Doing more day hiking these days
      due to pressures of job and house, but when I do get out I carry a
      minimum of 3L of H2O due to the dry conditions here even on a day
      hike. When I backpack, I carry a minimum of 5L unless I know for sure
      there is a water source.

      3. Brief test plan: we have a number of guests visiting us this winter
      who enjoy day hiking, I will use the Pack Tap to be the "mule" for the
      hiking parties. I have two weekend overnights planned for October,
      but I doubt the gear would arrive by then. As it will be Winter
      during the test period, I'll likely be taking the Tap into the
      low-altitude Superstition Mtns where there are few water sources.
      Most of my backpacking buddies carry a Dromedary, it'll be interesting
      to see how the Pack Tap compares (though I know I cannot do direct
      compares in the test report).

      I normally carry a 3L Platy reservoir plus two 1L bottles. If
      selected for the Pack Tap I'll bring it in place of the Platy, and
      just refill the bottles from the tap when they run dry. I am a
      hammock camper, so I almost always backpack where there are trees to
      hang the Pack Tap from.

      4. Link to previous tests:
      http://www.backpackgeartest.org/tester_reviews/kwpapke
      number of ORs in the last 12 months: zero

      5. Current test load: zero, but awaiting two pieces of gear (Kigo
      Drive + Lorpen socks), though I am starting to give up on the socks
      ever arriving
      Link to test status page: http://teststatus.backpackgeartest.org/T1789.htm

      6. Applications currently under consideration: none

      7. Additional BGT roles: monitor, call manager

      Thanks Derek!