APPLICATION - Sherpa Pants - Andrea Murland

  • ringrat55
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 30, 2011
      Application – Sherpa Pants - Andrea Murland

      September 30, 2011

      Please accept my application to test the Sherpa Adventures Naya Pants. I have read the BackpackGearTest.org Bylaws v. 0609, including Chapter 5, and agree to comply with all requirements. My Tester Agreement was mailed on Aug. 31, 2009. As a Canadian tester I accept any need to pay for shipping.

      If selected, I would need a size medium and prefer the colour black.

      Name: Andrea Murland
      Email: amurland AT shaw DOT ca
      Age: 26
      Location: Rossland/Elkford/Kimberley, British Columbia, Canada
      Gender: Female
      Height: 5 ft 2 in (1.57 m)
      Weight: 125 lb (57 kg)
      Waist: 30 in (76 cm)
      Hip: 40 in (102 cm)
      Inseam: 30 in (76 cm)

      I began hiking frequently in 2006 and have since hiked in Western Canada, Australia, and spent 2 months backpacking in the Alps. I spend most weekends either day-hiking or on 2-3 day backpacking trips, with some longer trips when I can manage them. I also snowshoe and ski in the winter, but don't have a lot of experience with winter in the backcountry yet. Elevation is typically 500-3,000 m (1,600-10,000 ft), in the Canadian Rockies and the Selkirk, Purcell, and Monashee ranges. I try for a light pack, but I don't consider myself a lightweight backpacker.

      Test Plan:

      The next month or so will be a bit interesting, as I pack up and move myself permanently from Rossland to 4 days in Elkford-4 days in Kimberley. After that (probably by the time these pants would arrive), I'll have 4 days off every week to go hiking, snowshoeing, and skiing. I also have quite a few vacation days, and lots of areas to explore. I am planning one overnight or two-night trip in late October for sure. The weather during the test period will give me sun, rain, and snow, at temperatures that could range from -30 C (-22 F) to 25 C (77 F). In addition to wearing the Naya Pants with a variety of layers, depending on the weather, for my own activities, I will test them in Search & Rescue duties, which frequently involves bushwhacking. I always wear pants for that, especially if I'm going to need to be in a harness, and it's not always easy to change layers, so a pant that repels some water, is durable, and is also lightweight and comfortable is key. Lots of pockets helps too!

      ORs in the last year: 4

      Currently Testing:
      Maxxeon Pocket Floodlight (LTR due Oct 11)
      Smartwool PhD Outdoor Light Socks (LTR due Oct 11)
      Timex Ironman Global Trainer (LTR due Oct 11)
      ExOfficio Storm Logic Jacket (FR, no date set)

      Outstanding Applications:
      None

      Other roles:
      Test Call Manager