TEST CALL: Someone's in the kitchen with...Will it be You?

  • Ryan Christensen
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 26, 2011
      If you like being in the kitchen outdoors, then this test call is for you.  Sea To Summit and BGT are pleased to offer three individuals the opportunity to test the Delta Series Kitchen Kit (includes bowl, mug and cutlery).

      More information on the Delta Series Kitchen is available via the following link:
      Info: http://www.seatosummit.com/products/cat/12

      TEST CALL DETAILS:

      - Newbie Limit Does NOT Apply
      - U.S. Shipping Included

      Succinct applications should include the following:
      >  Brief Test Plan
      >  Link to Previous Test Reports
      >  Link to Tester Status Page (many forget this, please include it)
      >  Current Test Load
      >  Current Applications
      >  Current role(s) at BGT (editor, mentor, monitor, other labors of love)
      >  Please include "Delta Series Kitchen Kit" in the subject line of your application
      >  Test Call closes midnight (MDT) Monday Oct 3, 2011

      >  Ralph is the Moderator for this test
      Thanks, Ryan

    • RyanC
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 29, 2011
        Just a reminder this test call is still in affect. I have yet to see a single app for this kitchen set.

        --- In backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com, Ryan Christensen <bigdawgryan@...> wrote:

        > If you like being in the kitchen outdoors, then this test call is for you.  Sea To Summit and BGT are pleased to offer three individuals the opportunity to test the Delta Series Kitchen Kit (includes bowl, mug and cutlery).
        >
        > More information on the Delta Series Kitchen is available via the following link:
        > Info: http://www.seatosummit.com/products/cat/12
        >
        > TEST CALL DETAILS:
        >

        > - Newbie Limit Does NOT Apply
        > - U.S. Shipping Included
        >
        > Succinct applications should include the following:
        > >  Brief Test Plan
        > >  Link to Previous Test Reports
        > >  Link to Tester Status Page (many forget this, please include it)
        > >  Current Test Load
        > >  Current Applications
        > >  Current role(s) at BGT (editor, mentor, monitor, other labors of love)
        > >  Please include "Delta Series Kitchen Kit" in the subject line of your application
        > >  Test Call closes midnight (MDT) Monday Oct 3, 2011
        >
        > >  Ralph is the Moderator for this test
        > Thanks, Ryan

      • RyanC
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 2, 2011
          Another reminder, this test is scheduled to close on Monday night and I see only one application thus far; thanks Larry! Come on folks, this looks like a great item to test.

          The original test is included below in case you missed it.

          > > If you like being in the kitchen outdoors, then this test call is for you.  Sea To Summit and BGT are pleased to offer three individuals the opportunity to test the Delta Series Kitchen Kit (includes bowl, mug and cutlery).
          > >
          > > More information on the Delta Series Kitchen is available via the following link:
          > > Info: http://www.seatosummit.com/products/cat/12
          > >
          > > TEST CALL DETAILS:
          > >

          > > - Newbie Limit Does NOT Apply
          > > - U.S. Shipping Included
          > >
          > > Succinct applications should include the following:
          > > >  Brief Test Plan
          > > >  Link to Previous Test Reports
          > > >  Link to Tester Status Page (many forget this, please include it)
          > > >  Current Test Load
          > > >  Current Applications
          > > >  Current role(s) at BGT (editor, mentor, monitor, other labors of love)
          > > >  Please include "Delta Series Kitchen Kit" in the subject line of your application
          > > >  Test Call closes midnight (MDT) Monday Oct 3, 2011
          > >
          > > >  Ralph is the Moderator for this test
          > > Thanks, Ryan

        • RyanC
          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 4, 2011
            Only two applications received thus far. Therefore, this test call is being extended through Saturday, Oct 8 MDT.

            If you can test this item please submit an application. We'd hate to have to cancel this test.

            Thanks, Ryan

            --- In backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com, "RyanC" <bigdawgryan@...> wrote:

            > Another reminder, this test is scheduled to close on Monday night and I see only one application thus far; thanks Larry! Come on folks, this looks like a great item to test.
            >
            > The original test is included below in case you missed it.
            >

            > > > If you like being in the kitchen outdoors, then this test call is for you.  Sea To Summit and BGT are pleased to offer three individuals the opportunity to test the Delta Series Kitchen Kit (includes bowl, mug and cutlery).
            > > >
            > > > More information on the Delta Series Kitchen is available via the following link:
            > > > Info: http://www.seatosummit.com/products/cat/12
            > > >
            > > > TEST CALL DETAILS:
            > > >

            > > > - Newbie Limit Does NOT Apply
            > > > - U.S. Shipping Included
            > > >
            > > > Succinct applications should include the following:

            > > > Thanks, Ryan

          • RyanC
            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 6, 2011
              Reminder this extended test call is scheduled to close Saturday night. Still only two applications received. Still time to submit your application.

            • mosack@earthlink.net
              Message 6 of 7 , Oct 8, 2011
                I’ll toss my name in for this test... Apologies if this is a double post but it didn’t seem to go through on the first attempt.

                Please accept my application to test the Delta Series Kitchen Kit.

                I have read the BGT By-Laws (v.0609) including Chapter 5 and will comply
                with all of the reporting terms and requirements. My signed tester agreement
                is on file. I will have no difficulty meeting the expected use requirements.

                Biographical Information:
                Name: Michael Mosack
                Age: 47
                Gender: Male
                Height: 6’01” (1.85 m)
                Weight: 236.0 lbs (107.0 kg)

                Email Address: Mosack(at) earthlink(dot) net
                San Diego, California, USA and Afghanistan

                Date: 8 Oct 11

                My Backpacking Background: I've been backpacking for over 30 years, doing solo and group trips, with and without kids. I do day trips, weekenders and week-long or longer trips throughout the year. I backpack in all climates and seasons, from summer desert trips to Spring/Winter camping in Michigan, Canada California and Grand Canyon, Arizona to Afghanistan and rely on my backpacking equipment constantly. I prefer to go lighter whenever possible and am always trying new items. Quality and reliability of items I carry are paramount to me over price and weight.

                Testing plan: My testing plan includes extended time in the field, day and night in varying climates and terrain, to include rocky desert floor to forested mountains. I plan to use the Delta Series Kitchen Kit during my daily adventures here in Afghanistan. I will be able to use it with my military meals (MREs) as well as other food I can prepare. I am interested in how well they will perform for hot and cold foods; if they will stain from certain sauces and how well they clean up, maintain and pack. Over the past 20 months, I have over 500 days/nights in the field. Additionally, I have upcoming trips planned to the Sierra Nevadas and Laguna Mountains in Southern California.

                I will also test the these tools in various situations by practicality, size vs. pack-ability, quality of manufacturing and comparison of manufacturer’s claims to product capabilities, in as much as I am able. I will have standard backpacking and hiking trips from base camp, where appropriate.

                My tester status link: http://teststatus.backpackgeartest.org/T1872.htm

                Previously Written Reports
                Owner Reviews: http://www.backpackgeartest.org/tester_reviews/mosack however none within this past year.

                Current Tests…

                1.. Gregory Z-45 Backpack FR due 25 October 2011.
                2.. Incrediwear hiking socks FR due 25 November 2011
                3.. Brooks Range map tools – waiting for product to arrive

                I have one pending application for the Oboz Beartooth Boot.

                --- In mailto:backpackgeartesters%40yahoogroups.com, "RyanC" <bigdawgryan@...> wrote:

                > Only two applications received thus far. Therefore, this test call is being extended through Saturday, Oct 8 MDT.
                >
                > If you can test this item please submit an application. We'd hate to have to cancel this test.
                >
                > Thanks, Ryan
                >
                > --- In mailto:backpackgeartesters%40yahoogroups.com, "RyanC" <bigdawgryan@> wrote:
                > >
                > > Another reminder, this test is scheduled to close on Monday night and I see only one application thus far; thanks Larry! Come on folks, this looks like a great item to test.
                > >
                > > The original test is included below in case you missed it.

              • RyanC
                Message 7 of 7 , Oct 10, 2011
                  This test call is officially closed. Thanks to all who applied. Look for selections in the near future.