APPLICATION: Tilley Wool Headwear (TTW-2-Tec) - Gail

  • woodswoman
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 6, 2011
      I am supposed to be packing for a 13-day backpacking trip but I had to do an app for this :)

      Please review my application to test the Tilley TTW-2-Tec-Wool-Hat. I
      have read and understood the current requirements in the Survival Guide
      Version 0609, and I agree to comply with all of these requirements as a
      tester particularly those stated in Chapter 4 and Chapter 5. I also
      have a signed tester agreement on file.

      Name: Gail Staisil
      Age: 59
      Gender: Female
      Height: 5 ft 9 in (1.75 m)
      Weight: 145 lb (66 kg)
      Email: woodswoman2001 AT yahoo DOT com
      Location: Marquette, Michigan USA

      Test Field Locations:

      During the next four months I plan to do at least one four-day back country trip every month. This includes winter backpacking. I already committed to one six-day trip in January but many other trips will occur before that. I am known for my spontaneity in making trips happen. The terrain will be
      mostly rocky trail before the snow starts piling up and then I will be snowshoeing or skiing while pulling a sledge on snow and ice. I'm active in the outdoors on an almost daily basis (once in awhile I take a day off!). Temperatures will surely be from way below zero (O F/-18 C) to as high as 60 F/16 in early fall. Elevation will be up to 2000 ft (610

      Testing Strategy:

      I have applied for Tilley Hats several times but have not been selected so last year I  succumbed to purchasing one. I love it! However it is a summer-type model with venting (Air Flo). I would love to test a wool version for cold weather. It looks like it would add sun protection too that I currently don't have during my winter treks when I wear a beanie-type hat. The ear flap feature looks interesting too and likely would give me more protection during bitter cold days.The C_Change fabric with the companion membrane reacting to changing body temps is down right fascinating. I would love to test the TTW-2-Tec-Wool Hat.

      If selected my hat size is rather large for a girl at 7 3/8.

      Current Tests and Stage (4):

      -Knudsen Recharge Sports Drink - IR complete, waiting for FR/LTR dates
      -Fenix MC11 Angle Light -FR due Oct 4
      -Costa Tag Sunglasses - LTR due
      Nov 1
      -CamelBak HighWire Pack - LTR due Nov 22

      Test Status Page:

      Many of my Completed Tests (61) and Owner Reviews (25) - 4 new OR's in the last year can be seen here:

      Other Applications Pending: (0)

      Monitor (2 Currently):

      -Brook Range Tools
      -SmartWool PhD Socks