RE: EDIT: LTR- GSI Crossover Kitchen Kit- Ralph Ditton

  • Ralph Ditton
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 5, 2011
      Edits all done.

      Thanks Jamie.

      Ralph

      From: Jamie Lawrence [mailto:jlawrence@...]
      Sent: Tuesday, 6 September 2011 6:25 AM
      To: Ralph Ditton
      Cc: backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: EDIT: LTR- GSI Crossover Kitchen Kit- Ralph Ditton

      Hey Ralph,

      Thanks for another great test series. As always I found your reports
      enjoyable to read.

      You know the drill. Till next time...

      Jamie

      The cutting board was used religiously. I tended to place a piece of
      paper (Scot Towel) under the board to protect food from the suspect
      hygiene surfaces that the board was used on and falling between the
      planks. Invariably, when cutting up food, some of it would fall off the
      edge of the board. By having the paper there, the food did not come into
      contact with the grubby surfaces.
      I even used it at home when my other wood cutting boards were dirty or
      being used for other purposed such as placing hot pots on them to
      protect the bench top. It is by far my favourite piece in the kit.

      Edit: In the HTML it appears you need to insert an extra line between the 2
      above paragraphs or delete and have it as one large paragraph. Actually as I
      read this again I suspect delete is the best option.

      cutting board

      cutting board

      My next favourite is the spicer bottle. It went on many day hikes also
      when I pulled it out at morning tea and lunch to sprinkle the condiments
      on my food.

      EDIT: the word also sticks out. Just delete.