Application to test - Selk'Bag 4G lite - Kerri Larkin

  • Kerri Larkin
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 2, 2011
      Please accept my application to test the Selk’Bag 4G lite.

      I have read the BackpackGearTest.org bylaws (v. 0609) including Chapter 5. I agree to follow all instructions and fulfil all requirements. My signed tester agreement is on file.

      TESTER INFORMATION

      NAME: Kerri Larkin
      EMAIL: kerrilarkin AT yahoo DOT com
      AGE: 49
      LOCATION: Coffs Harbour, NSW, Australia
      GENDER: F
      HEIGHT: 5' 9" (1.75 m)
      WEIGHT: 273 lb (124.00 kg) and shrinking!

      I've been a camper and bushwalker for over thirty years. But have returned to walking after some years away due to injuries. I'm learning to use lightweight gear and love exploring with the lightest kit possible. I've travelled most of eastern Australia, walking in landscapes as diverse as tropical rainforest, snow fields, beaches and deserts.

      FIELD CONDITIONS AND TEST LOCATIONS:
      Summer is fast approaching here in Australia and that will present the perfect opportunity to test a lightweight bag like the Selk. I’m planning on a number of overnight trips to both coastal and mountain destinations over the next few months. It’s going to be hot and humid – two words I usually loathe – so I need a bag designed to be much cooler than my current (very heavy) synthetic bag.

      TEST PLAN:
      I’m a hammock camper by choice and perhaps the only down side of a hammock is trying to get into a sleeping bag. It usually involves all manner of contortions and me landing upside down, or with four feet of sleeping bag bunched under my back. The Selk bag looks to be the answer to my prayers: I can get into the bag before I get in the hammock. Brilliant!

      If selected, I’d want to test:
      ·         how easy it is to get in and out of the bag?
      ·         are there enough venting options to keep me cool in summer temps?
      ·         how easy is it to take a ‘nature call’ in the middle of the night?
      ·         Is it comfortable enough to sit around in during the cool of the evening?
      ·         Will it provide almost complete protection against the bitey critters?
      ·         Will I look as cute as the pictures on the web site suggest?

      CURRENTLY TESTING:
      Wolverine Compass Hiking boots – FR submitted 24 July
      Kelly Kettle – IR submitted
      Incredisocks – IR will be submitted with a day or two
      Shewee – Awaiting arrival

      CURRENT APPLICATIONS
      Nil

      OWNER REVIEWS
      Nil recently – sorry.

      ADDITIONAL ROLES
      Moderator – Princeton Tech Byte Headlamp – IR stage completed

      PREVIOUS TESTS:
      My reports can be read at: http://www.backpackgeartest.org/tester_reviews/Bumper

      I trust my application will recommend itself to you and thank you for your consideration.

      Kind Regards,

      Kerri Larkin