Application - Ex Officio Storm Logic - Andrea Murland

  • Andrea Murland
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 1, 2011
      Application -
      Ex Officio Storm Logic - Andrea Murland

      September 1, 2011

      Please accept my application to test the Ex Officio Storm Logic Jacket. I have
      read the BackpackGearTest.org Bylaws v. 0609, including Chapter 5, and agree to
      comply with all requirements. My Tester Agreement was mailed on Aug. 31, 2009.
      As a Canadian tester I accept any need to pay for shipping.

      If selected, I would need a size small and prefer the colour wine.

      Name: Andrea Murland

      Email:
      amurland AT shaw DOT ca

      Age: 25

      Location: Rossland/Elkford/Kimberley,
      British Columbia, Canada

      Gender:
      Female

      Height: 5 ft
      2 in (1.57 m)

      Weight: 125
      lb (57 kg)

      Bust: 34 in
      (86 cm)

      I began
      hiking frequently in 2006 and have since hiked in Western Canada, Australia, and spent 2 months backpacking in the Alps.� I spend most
      weekends either day-hiking or on 2-3 day backpacking trips, with some longer
      trips when I can manage them.� I also
      snowshoe and ski in the winter, but don�t have a lot of experience with winter
      in the backcountry yet.� Elevation is
      typically 500-3,000 m (1,600-10,000 ft), in the Canadian Rockies and the
      Selkirk, Purcell, and Monashee ranges.� I
      try for a light pack, but I don�t consider myself a lightweight backpacker.

      Test Plan:

      The next few months look like a bit of a distaster as far as backpacking is concerned,
      as I pack up and move myself permanently from Rossland to 4 days in Elkford-4
      days in Kimberley. I do know that I�ll have lots of time to go dayhiking and
      snowshoeing though. I have quite a few vacation days, and lots of areas to explore.
      �I am hoping to get one overnight in
      October.� That overnight, many car trips,
      and a couple of probable business trips by airplane will give me an opportunity
      to test the functionality of the jacket as a pillow.� The test will run through autumn into early
      and mid-winter for me, so I will have ample opportunity to test the water and
      wind resistance of the jacket in rain and snow, as well as the warmth of the
      jacket at a wide variety of temperatures, which could range from -30 C (-22 F)
      to 25 C (77 F) during the test period.� I
      am particularly interested in the packability of this jacket and warmth and
      breathability as a layer for search and rescue, since I always have to be
      carrying a warm extra layer, but have limited pack space.

      Previous Reports:

      http://www.backpackgeartest.org/tester_reviews/Ringrat

      Status Page:

      Currently