Application to test - Recharge Sport Drink - Ray Estrella

  • Ray
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 1, 2011
      Please accept my application to test the Recharge Sports Drink. I have read the BackpackGearTest.org bylaws v. 0609 including, but not limited to, Chapter 5. I agree to comply with and exceed all requirements.

      Tester Information
      Name: Raymond Estrella
      Age: 50
      Gender: Male
      Height: 6' 3" (193 cm)
      Weight: 210 lb (92 kg)
      Email address: rayestrella@...
      City: Moorhead
      State: Minnesota
      Country: USA
      Date: August 1, 2011

      Backpacking Background:

      I have been backpacking for over 30 years, all over California, and in many of the western states and Minnesota. I hike year-round, and average 500+ miles (800+ km) per year. I have made a move to lightweight gear, and smaller volume packs. I start early and hike hard so as to enjoy the afternoons exploring. I usually take a freestanding tent and enjoy hot meals at night. If not hiking solo I am usually with my brother-in-law Dave.

      Test plan

      I am finally getting to where I can plan on hiking again so will apply for this test. I have always enjoyed testing food products and lean towards those that are natural. I actually have Stevia liquid at home and think it is a very smart sweetener. If chosen I will focus on the use of this product and how it works for a drink powder. I will look at the nutritional contributions of the drink too, plus its ease of use.

      Past OR's (link below) include other types of drink mixes so it is apparent that I do use the category.

      Right now I am planning 3 or 4 days on the Superior Hiking Trail in MN later this month, and 4 or 5 days in northern CA for the end of September. Overnighters and day-hikes as the opportunity arises.

      I have no tests in progress at this time.

      Here is a link to my tester page.

      I have no other applications in at this time.

      My involvement with BGT includes active duty as Editor, and Test Monitor.

      I have completed a lot of test series.

      I have written around 140 Owner Reviews, a few over the past year.

      My reports and reviews can be found at:

      http://www.backpackgeartest.org/tester_reviews/rayestrella

      Thank you for your consideration of me for this test,

      Ray