EDIT: IR - Princeton Tec Byte Headlamp - Ralph Ditton

  • Kerri Larkin
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 2, 2011
      Hi Ralph,

      Sorry for the delay in getting your edits to you - I've just been appointed Mod for the test :)
      Your pic is great and the HTML version looks fine. Thanks for a wonderfully comprehensive report! Go ahead and upload after the edits.

      Edits follow the usual format:
      EDIT: needs to be changed
      Edit: suggested change
      Comment: my random thoughts

      Lamps 1 Maxbright LED
      1, 3 mm Ultrabright Red LED

      EDIT: needs US measure and comma deleted

      Water Resistant Yes. Level 1

      Comment: for us dummies, could you perhaps explain somewhere what Level 1 means?

      The batteries that were supplied are two 1.5 Volts AAA Duracell Alkaline MN 2400 manufactured in the USA.

      Edit: tense mismatch. Could I suggest you drop the "were" so it doesn't conflict with the "are"?

      What I received physically matched my expectations from the manufacturer's web site.

      Comment: I love this sentence! It really sums it all up.

      The headlamp can rotate through this arm bracket for the desired light angle for whatever task is being undertaken.
      Edit: may I suggest the bracket rotates "to" the desired angle?

      The 3mm red LED is on the right and the Maxbright LED is on the left.

      EDIT: needs US measure again.

      Scrolling through the various light settings  is still the same as before which is mentioned above.

      EDIT: delete the extra space between "settings" and "is".

      Again, I carried out some brightness measurements using my Light Metre with  the new fully charged batteries.
      EDIT: Meter

      According to the manufacturer's web site, the following burn times should be achieved before diminished battery power produces enough energy to generate 0.25 lux of illumination:
      Comment: Sorry, you're dealing with the dummies again. Should this sentence be suggesting that once the battery power diminishes, the light will no longer be able to make 0.25 lux?

      I am looking forward to see if the manufacturer has fixed the burn time and achieve close to what is stated in the above table.
      Edit: may I suggest, "burn time to achieve"? Or, "burn time, and so achieve"?

      I tend to scroll through the various settings of a headlamp and use different settings for different task.
      EDIT: tasks

      Tanks for a great report Ralph and I look forward to reading your FR.

      Kind Regards,

      Kerri

    • Ralph Ditton
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 3, 2011