Application: Lorpen - Tri-layer Shorty Socks - Kurt Papke

  • Kurt Papke
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 2, 2011
      1. I have read the BackpackGearTest.org bylaws v. 0609 in their
      entirety and my signed compliance statement is on file.

      2. Bio: Resident of Tucson, AZ. 6' 4", 230 lbs, age 57, gender=male,
      e-mail: kwpapke(at)gmail(dot)com.  Doing more day hiking these days
      due to pressures of job and house, but when I do get out I hike in
      extremely varied and rugged terrain.  Typically wear trail runners or
      low cut light hikers compatible with shorty socks.

      3. Brief test plan: I will wear the socks mostly on desert
      canyon/mountain dayhikes, typically 7-8 miles in length, often with
      substantial altitude changes. It is high summer in the Sonoran
      Desert, so I'll be trying to do my weekly outings at as much altitude
      as possible, though that will be challenging this year with much of
      the Arizona Sky Islands burned by fire. Much of the testing will be
      with the Ecco Tahoe's that I am concurrently testing, which are nicely
      compatible with the shorty socks. On days I don't run in my Vibrams,
      I will also try the socks with my Brooks running shoes with road
      distances of 3-6 miles. I have started doing much of my hiking this
      summer with shorty socks, so these fit my hiking practice nicely. In
      addition to the usual attributes I'll be looking to see how well they
      wash up, as I've found my other socks I'm wearing with the Tahoe's get
      saturated with brown trail dust.

      4. current tests (2): Morro Hydrapak & Ecco Tahoe shoes
      test status page: http://teststatus.backpackgeartest.org/T1789.htm
      5. OR's in 2011 = 0
      6. Outstanding applications = 0
      7. LOL = monitor, test call manager