Re: IR - Timex Ironman Global Trainer - Andrea Murland

  • ringrat55
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 1, 2011
      I haven't had a chance to read yours yet...I was avoiding it while writing mine for fear of stealing ideas since I was struggling with it anyway.

      I looked at the specs again, and it should have been "fully powered down LCD". I'll have to change that when I upload. So...yah, just with the time display off when the watch is off, I guess.

      Thanks for pointing that one out!

      Andrea

      --- In backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com, "Coy Boy" <starnescr@...> wrote:

      > I struggled mightily on this one.... I think you did a great job. One quick question. (see below)
      >
      > --- In backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com, "ringrat55" <amurland@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Richard,
      > >
      > > Looks like you're stuck reading my reports all week.
      > > This one was a bit of a struggle. It got re-organized a couple times and this is what came out.
      > > By far the most complicated thing I've written about so far, so get out the red pen!
      >
      > > Specified Battery Life: 15 hours with GPS, 12 days in time-only power off mode, 1 year fully powered down
      >
      > I did not see/read a way to fully power down. How do you do that? All I could find was to disable the watch (time/date) display when powering off (hold power button 2 sec) which would increase standby. I know the watch will reset time by satellite and the perimeters I picked, IE Central Standard and daylight savings, so completely powering off would not be a problem.
      >
      > Coy Boy

    • david wilkes
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 1, 2011
        Coy,
        In the configuration, select MODES and you can choose if holding the power button turns the watch entirely off or goes to time mode (Power off function). It is on the bottom of page 33 in the user guide.

        FYI This watch arrived while I was traveling and have been swamped at work (ended up working on reports and stuff for my paying job till 1AM last night). I am going to try to get some pix tonight and wrap up the IR as soon as I can. This is one tough IR!

        Dave

        >________________________________

      • Coy Boy
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 1, 2011
          Thanks David, the only choices I see are turn off display and show time. I'm not seeing a turn off completely option which is what I was hunting.

          Coy Boy

          --- In backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com, david wilkes <amatbrewer@...> wrote:

          > Coy,
          > In the configuration, select MODES and you can choose if holding the power button turns the watch entirely off or goes to time mode (Power off function). It is on the bottom of page 33 in the user guide.
          >
          > FYI This watch arrived while I was traveling and have been swamped at work (ended up working on reports and stuff for my paying job till 1AM last night). I am going to try to get some pix tonight and wrap up the IR as soon as I can. This is one tough IR!
          >
          > Dave

        • Coy Boy
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 1, 2011
            Thanks Andrea. You might want to skip reading mine all together. Might pull your mind down to my level, you know, like the Alabama footbal team plays bad against the worst teams. Anyways let me know what you discover.

            Coy Boy