APPLICATION: Big Agnes Passport - Gail

  • woodswoman
    Message 1 of 1 , May 31 5:36 PM
      Derek,

      Please review my application to test the Passport Series Helinox Poles. I have
      read and understood the current requirements in the Survival Guide Version 0609,
      and I agree to comply with all of these requirements as a tester particularly
      those stated in Chapter 4 and Chapter 5. I also have a signed tester agreement
      on file.

      Name: Gail Staisil
      Age: 58
      Gender: Female
      Height: 5 ft 9 in (1.75 m)
      Weight: 145 lb (66 kg)
      Email: woodswoman2001 AT yahoo DOT com
      Location: Marquette, Michigan USA

      ------

      Test Field Locations:

      Extended trips are planned for Michigan and New Hampshire during the next four
      months (Grand Island-3 days, Isle Royale National Park (9 days) White Mts (6
      days). Other trips will just happen.Terrain will be mostly rocky trail with some
      sand. Temperatures will surely be from below freezing (32 F/0 C to as high as 85
      F (29 C). Elevation will be up to 5,000 ft (1500 m).

      ------

      Testing Strategy:

      I always hike with poles and some times trail run with them. I am especially
      interested in the Passport Series Helinox for their quick deployment with the
      use of Z-fold technology. I will be flying on an airplane for one of my trips
      and using a boat ferry (6 hours each way) on at least one other trip, it would
      be keen to see how the poles can be stashed to meet regulations. Other
      parameters will be closely monitored such as grip comfort, durability, and
      reliability of the locking mechanism. If selected I would need the 125 cm size.
      ------

      Current Tests and Stage (2):

      - Outdoor Research BackStop Gloves: LTR due June 28
      - Fenix MC10 Light: selected but test delayed

      Test Status Page:

      Favorite Trail: Minong Ridge Trail at Isle Royale National Park

      Many of my Completed Tests (60) and Owner Reviews (25) - 4 new OR's in the last
      year can be seen here:

      http://www.backpackgeartest.org/tester_reviews/isleroyalegirl

      Other Applications Pending: (2)

      -Costa Tag Sunglasses