OT - disaster plans

  • Sonjia
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 1, 2005
      (climbing on soapbox)

      As backpackers, we're probably slighlty better than most folks at
      surviving in adverse conditions. I'd like to take this time to remind
      all of you to create or update your distaster kits for both your home
      and your car. EVERY place on our pretty little planet is prone to
      some sort of disaster and it pays to be prepared. There are lots of
      resources out there to help you create a kit tailored to your needs -
      the Red Cross, FEMA, state and local agencies, etc.

      I offer my students the chance to get 15 extra credit points by
      creating a car EQ kit
      (http://www.calstatela.edu/faculty/sleyva/printer_car_eqkit.htm) -
      please feel free to use it if you'd like. I'd give you the extra
      credit points but you'd have to enroll in one of my classes first . . .

      Holler if you need help or advice!

      (climbing off of soapbox to check on MY house EQ kit)

      Sonjia