Re: [backpackgeartesters] You can have the beer... all I want is the can

  • Marie-Noëlle Augendre
    Message 1 of 11 , Sep 1, 2005
      Andy,

      Are the other components (stove, wire stand and windscreen) provided
      by the manufacturer?
      Are they already made, or provided as kits?

      Thanks,
      Marie-Noëlle

      On 8/28/05, Andy Mytys <amytys@...> wrote:

      > I'm pleased to announce that BGT will be testing the "Ultralight
      > Beercan Cook Pot and Stove" from Ultralight Outfitters.
      >
      > This test is the first of its kind, as testers will be participating
      > in a "kit" test and creating their own pot, per manufacturer
      > instructions.

      Marie-Noëlle
      Wilderness Addict
      http://mnaugendre.blogspot.com/
    • Andy Mytys
      Message 2 of 11 , Sep 1, 2005
        The manufacturer has agreed to supply all necessary components,
        including the pot stand, windscreen, empty beercan, and can opener.

        Testers will make their own pot, and report on that experience, then
        use the pot/stand/windscree with ESBIT TABS (not provided to testers,
        testers must purchase these on their own) and report on the cooking
        aspects of the stove.

        --- In backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com, Marie-Noëlle Augendre
        <augendre.bgt@g...> wrote:
        > Andy,
        >
        > Are the other components (stove, wire stand and windscreen) provided
        > by the manufacturer?
        > Are they already made, or provided as kits?
        >
        > Thanks,
        > Marie-Noëlle
        >
        > On 8/28/05, Andy Mytys <amytys@h...> wrote:
        > >
        > > I'm pleased to announce that BGT will be testing the "Ultralight
        > > Beercan Cook Pot and Stove" from Ultralight Outfitters.
        > >
        > > This test is the first of its kind, as testers will be
        participating
        > > in a "kit" test and creating their own pot, per manufacturer
        > > instructions.

        > --
        > Marie-Noëlle
        > Wilderness Addict
        > http://mnaugendre.blogspot.com/
      • Chuck Carnes
        Message 3 of 11 , Sep 1, 2005
          One beercan stove app. coming up.
          When did you say you were closing this?

          --- Andy Mytys <amytys@...> wrote:

          > The manufacturer has agreed to supply all necessary
          > components,
          > including the pot stand, windscreen, empty beercan,
          > and can opener.
          >
          > Testers will make their own pot, and report on that
          > experience, then
          > use the pot/stand/windscree with ESBIT TABS (not
          > provided to testers,
          > testers must purchase these on their own) and report
          > on the cooking
          > aspects of the stove.
          >

          > --- In backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com,
          > Marie-Noëlle Augendre
          > <augendre.bgt@g...> wrote:
          > > Andy,
          > >
          > > Are the other components (stove, wire stand and
          > windscreen) provided
          > > by the manufacturer?
          > > Are they already made, or provided as kits?
          > >
          > > Thanks,
          > > Marie-Noëlle
          > >
          > > On 8/28/05, Andy Mytys <amytys@h...> wrote:
          > > >
          > > > I'm pleased to announce that BGT will be testing
          > the "Ultralight
          > > > Beercan Cook Pot and Stove" from Ultralight
          > Outfitters.
          > > >
          > > > This test is the first of its kind, as testers
          > will be
          > participating
          > > > in a "kit" test and creating their own pot, per
          > manufacturer
          > > > instructions.

          > > --
          > > Marie-Noëlle
          > > Wilderness Addict
          > > http://mnaugendre.blogspot.com/

          http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
        • Scott D.
          Message 4 of 11 , Sep 5, 2005
            When does this test call close?

            Scott Downard
            I'm pleased to announce that BGT will be testing the "Ultralight
            Beercan Cook Pot and Stove" from Ultralight Outfitters.

            This test is the first of its kind, as testers will be participating
            in a "kit" test and creating their own pot, per manufacturer
            instructions.

            The Beercan Cook Pot and Stove can be viewed here:
            http://www.ultralightoutfitters.com/index.php?<http://www.ultralightoutfitters.com/index.php?>
            h=packing&n=stove&s=beercan

            - or -

            http://tinyurl.com/amduf<http://tinyurl.com/amduf>

            Instructions for making the actual pot can be viewed here:
            http://www.ultralightoutfitters.com/index.php?h=packing&n=stove&s=make<http://www.ultralightoutfitters.com/index.php?h=packing&n=stove&s=make>

            - or -

            http://tinyurl.com/9q8ye<http://tinyurl.com/9q8ye>

            Ultralight Outfitters will provide the empty beer can and can opener
            needed to make the pot.

          • Andy Mytys
            Message 5 of 11 , Sep 5, 2005
              Sorry for missing that detail in the test call, Scott.

              Typically test calls are open for a period of one week.

              This test has been open for longer. I had planned to close the test
              at midnight EST on September 5, 2005. I'll now close it on 6pm EST
              on Tuesday, September 6th, just in case you're interested.

              --- In backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com, "Scott D."
              <rookthepagan@v...> wrote:
              > When does this test call close?
              >
              > Scott Downard
              backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com<mailto:backpackgeartesters@yahoogr
              oups.com>
              > Sent: Sunday, August 28, 2005 1:26 PM
              > Subject: [backpackgeartesters] You can have the beer... all I
              want is the can

              > I'm pleased to announce that BGT will be testing the "Ultralight
              > Beercan Cook Pot and Stove" from Ultralight Outfitters.
              >
              > This test is the first of its kind, as testers will be
              participating
              > in a "kit" test and creating their own pot, per manufacturer
              > instructions.
              >
              > The Beercan Cook Pot and Stove can be viewed here:
              > http://www.ultralightoutfitters.com/index.php?
              <http://www.ultralightoutfitters.com/index.php?>
              > h=packing&n=stove&s=beercan
              >
              > - or -
              >
              > http://tinyurl.com/amduf<http://tinyurl.com/amduf>
              >

              > Instructions for making the actual pot can be viewed here:
              > http://www.ultralightoutfitters.com/index.php?
              h=packing&n=stove&s=make<http://www.ultralightoutfitters.com/index.php
              ?h=packing&n=stove&s=make>

              > - or -
              >
              > http://tinyurl.com/9q8ye<http://tinyurl.com/9q8ye>
              >
              > Ultralight Outfitters will provide the empty beer can and can
              opener
              > needed to make the pot.

            • Scott D.
              Message 6 of 11 , Sep 5, 2005
                I'm interested and submitted an application. In fact, I was the first one to do so...lol

                Scott

                <rookthepagan@v...> wrote:
                > When does this test call close?
                >
                > Scott Downard