Bearcan Test WAS Re: [backpackgeartesters] Re: Test Call Status Report

  • Andrew Priest
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 1, 2005
      At 07:03 PM 1/09/2005, you wrote:

      >Not entirely. My problem is that I don't drink beer (I know, major sin),
      >and there are no pop/soda cans made in the required size.

      Dear Mike

      You might want to revisit the test call ... you may have missed a key
      detail or then again, I might be loopy :-)

      Regards
      Andrew

      ==
      http://BackpackGearTest.org
      ICQ No. 38215599
      MSN Messenger: aushiker@...
      Yahoo Messenger: aushiker
      Google Talk: Aushiker or aushiker@...

    • AndrĂ© Corterier
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 1, 2005
        --- In backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com, Andrew Priest
        <apriest@b...> wrote:
        > At 07:03 PM 1/09/2005, you wrote:
        >
        > >Not entirely. My problem is that I don't drink beer (I know, major
        sin),
        > >and there are no pop/soda cans made in the required size.
        >
        > Dear Mike
        >
        > You might want to revisit the test call ... you may have missed a key
        > detail or then again, I might be loopy :-)
        >
        > Regards
        > Andrew

        Yes, you did. And in case you were worried about a possible replacement
        can, the outfitters' website states:
        "Start with an empty beer can. (If you have to buy a full beer can at
        the store for your cook pot, you can usually find someone who will help
        turn it into an empty can for you.)"

        André
      • hiking@westernpa.us
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 1, 2005
          > At 07:03 PM 1/09/2005, you wrote:
          >
          >>Not entirely. My problem is that I don't drink beer (I know, major sin),
          >>and there are no pop/soda cans made in the required size.
          >
          > Dear Mike
          >
          > You might want to revisit the test call ... you may have missed a key
          > detail or then again, I might be loopy :-)
          >
          > Regards
          > Andrew

          Not sure what you're referring to, but I don't see it on the news page
          anymore. What I remember from the mfgr site is that it required a 20 or 24
          oz (don't remember numbers now) can, pop/soda comes in 12 oz cans.

          mike