APPLICATION: Wolverine Compass iCS GORE-TEX Waterproof Hiker boots

  • Ryan Christensen
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 7, 2011
      Kurt, et al:

      Please accept Application to test the Wolverine Compass iCS GORE-TEX® Waterproof
      Hiker boots. I have read the BGT Survival Guide v. 0609 and Bylaws v. 0609 and
      I agree to comply with all requirements and timetables. My signed Tester
      Agreement is on file with BGT.

      Reviewer Information:

      Name: Ryan L. Christensen
      Age: 46
      Gender: Male
      Height: 6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)
      Weight: 235 lb (107 kg)
      Shoe Size: US men’s 11
      Email address: bigdawgryan (at) yahoo (dot) com
      City, State, Country: Idaho Falls, Idaho U.S.A

      Backpacking Background:

      I began backpacking at twelve, continuing until 25. After an extended hiatus,
      due in part to a bad back, I resumed cycling, hiking, and backpacking several
      years ago and began snowshoeing and cross-country skiing. I share my love for
      backpacking and these sports with my children. For several years, we have hiked
      or camped nearly every month, year-round. We vary our experience: desert,
      forest, meadow, and mountain; spring, summer, fall, and winter; sunshine, rain,
      wind, or snow. I am a lightweight backpacker, but carry a full array of
      necessary gear.

      Field Information:

      I live in southeastern Idaho at approximately 4,700 ft (1,433 m) above sea
      level. Outings during the test period will include elevations ranging between
      4,700 ft (1,433 m) and 12,668 feet (3,861 m). Potential destinations include
      the Portneuf Range near Pocatello, Idaho; Craters of the Moon National Monument
      near Arco, Idaho; the Kelly Canyon Nordic Area near Idaho Falls, Idaho; and the
      Palisades and Teton Valley areas. In fact, I hope to do some walking in Grand
      Teton National Park in late April while my boys cycle the roads which are closed
      to motorized traffic until May 1. Weather during the test period should include
      wind, rain, snow with average temperatures ranging lows near 0 F (-34 C) to
      highs near 88 F / (31 C).

      Proposed Test Plan:

      Due to lumbar fusion surgery this past December, I am unable to backpack (no
      weight on my shoulders for twelve months) this year. However, I will be doing a
      lot of walking (hopefully reading between the lines--day hiking) at the
      direction of my surgeon. I have several pair of mid-cut Gore-Tex lined boots.
      They seem to be my favorite. I am very interested in testing Wolverine’s
      Individual Comfort System (iCS). Just how comfortable are these boots? How
      will they perform in terms of cushion, moisture wicking, blister protection, and
      durability. How well will the soles hold up? I would like the opportunity to
      find the answers to these and other potential questions unasked in this
      application.

      If selected to participate in this test, I believe I will need a men’s 10.5 US
      in medium width. I believe I would prefer black, but either color will be
      fine.

      Thanks to Wolverine and BGT for considering me to test these boots.

      Current Tests:

      - None

      Tester Status Page:

      Test Applications Currently Under Consideration:

      - Fits Light Hiker Crew Socks

      BGT Involvement:

      - Test Call Manager
      - Test Monitor

      Previous Reviews:

      Please click the link below to access my previous reports.

      http://tinyurl.com/pwvrl

      Owner Reviews (past 12 months): 0