RE: [backpackgeartesters] Confidential beta pack test.

  • Jerry Goller
    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 5, 2011
      It will have to be tomorrow.

      Jerry

      http://www.backpackgeartest.org/: the most comprehensive interactive gear
      reviews on the planet.

      -----Original Message-----
      From: backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com
      [mailto:backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Brett Haydin
      Sent: Tuesday, April 05, 2011 16:31
      To: backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: RE: [backpackgeartesters] Confidential beta pack test.

      Jerry,

      Can you confirm torso and waist sizes for "medium"? I normally take larges,
      so I doubt I would be able to test these, but in case I can pitch in it
      would be useful to know.

      -Brett

      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 6, 2011
        Is it possible to know the weights of these packs? thanks arnie

        On Tue, Apr 5, 2011 at 6:42 PM, Jerry Goller <
        ChiefModerator@...> wrote:

        > It will have to be tomorrow.
        >
        > Jerry
        >
        > http://www.backpackgeartest.org/: the most comprehensive interactive gear
        > reviews on the planet.

      • Jerry Goller
        Message 3 of 11 , Apr 6, 2011
          Here are the sizes of the packs.

          Jerry

          http://www.backpackgeartest.org/: the most comprehensive interactive gear
          reviews on the planet.

          Jerry,

          For the women's packs:

          17.5-20.5" torso

          34-39" waist

          For men's packs:

          17.5-20.5" torso

          29-34" waist

        • Andrew Buskov
          Message 4 of 11 , Apr 7, 2011
            What, don't fat people hike? Lol. Might be able to fit into a woman's pack but there's no way I'll fit into a 34 waist.

            AB

            On Apr 6, 2011, at 18:51, "Jerry Goller" <ChiefModerator@...> wrote:

            > Here are the sizes of the packs.
            >

            > Jerry
            >

            > http://www.backpackgeartest.org/: the most comprehensive interactive gear
            > reviews on the planet.
            >

            > Jerry,
            >

            > For the women's packs:
            >
            > 17.5-20.5" torso
            >
            > 34-39" waist
            >

            > For men's packs:
            >
            > 17.5-20.5" torso
            >
            > 29-34" waist

          • asklarry99
            Message 5 of 11 , Apr 7, 2011
              Wow--it's weird that the women's waist sizes are bigger than the men's. Any chance those are backwards?

              -larry

              --- In backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com, Andrew Buskov <rescue@...> wrote:

              > What, don't fat people hike? Lol. Might be able to fit into a woman's pack but there's no way I'll fit into a 34 waist.
              >
              > AB
              >
              > On Apr 6, 2011, at 18:51, "Jerry Goller" <ChiefModerator@...> wrote:
              >
              > > Here are the sizes of the packs.
              > >

              > > Jerry
              > >

              > > http://www.backpackgeartest.org/: the most comprehensive interactive gear
              > > reviews on the planet.
              > >

              > > Jerry,
              > >

              > > For the women's packs:
              > >
              > > 17.5-20.5" torso
              > >
              > > 34-39" waist
              > >

              > > For men's packs:
              > >
              > > 17.5-20.5" torso
              > >
              > > 29-34" waist

            • Jennifer Pope
              Message 6 of 11 , Apr 7, 2011
                It's a hipbelt and women have hips, men do not. Better for birthing babies.
                I would guess they are correct as is.

                Jen P.
                (birther of 2 babies)

                On Thu, Apr 7, 2011 at 10:14 PM, asklarry99 <asklarry98@...> wrote:

                > Wow--it's weird that the women's waist sizes are bigger than the men's. Any
                > chance those are backwards?
                >
                > -larry
                >
                > --- In backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com, Andrew Buskov <rescue@...>
                > wrote:
                > >
                > > What, don't fat people hike? Lol. Might be able to fit into a woman's
                > pack but there's no way I'll fit into a 34 waist.
                > >
                > > AB
                > >
                > > On Apr 6, 2011, at 18:51, "Jerry Goller" <ChiefModerator@...> wrote:
                > >
                > > > Here are the sizes of the packs.
                > > >

                > > > Jerry
                > > >

                > > > http://www.backpackgeartest.org/: the most comprehensive interactive
                > gear
                > > > reviews on the planet.
                > > >

                > > > Jerry,
                > > >

                > > > For the women's packs:
                > > >
                > > > 17.5-20.5" torso
                > > >
                > > > 34-39" waist
                > > >

                > > > For men's packs:
                > > >
                > > > 17.5-20.5" torso
                > > >
                > > > 29-34" waist

              • Jerry Goller
                Message 7 of 11 , Apr 7, 2011
                  All manufacturers that I deal with always build their prototype items, just
                  like their sales samples, in Medium so as to have the best chance of finding
                  testers that fit the gear.

                  <ChiefModerator@...> wrote:

                  > Here are the sizes of the packs.
                  >

                  > Jerry
                  >

                  > http://www.backpackgeartest.org/: the most comprehensive interactive gear
                  > reviews on the planet.
                  >

                  > Jerry,
                  >

                  > For the women's packs:
                  >
                  > 17.5-20.5" torso
                  >
                  > 34-39" waist
                  >

                  > For men's packs:
                  >
                  > 17.5-20.5" torso
                  >
                  > 29-34" waist

                • Jerry Goller
                  Message 8 of 11 , Apr 7, 2011
                    I don't know. I'll check on that.

                    wrote:

                    > What, don't fat people hike? Lol. Might be able to fit into a woman's pack
                    but there's no way I'll fit into a 34 waist.

                    > AB
                    >
                    > On Apr 6, 2011, at 18:51, "Jerry Goller" <ChiefModerator@...> wrote:
                    >
                    > > Here are the sizes of the packs.
                    > >

                    > > Jerry