RE: [backpackgeartesters] Confidential beta pack test.

  • Brett Haydin
    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 5 3:31 PM
      Jerry,

      Can you confirm torso and waist sizes for "medium"? I normally take larges,
      so I doubt I would be able to test these, but in case I can pitch in it
      would be useful to know.

      -Brett

      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 5 3:42 PM
        It will have to be tomorrow.

        Message 3 of 11 , Apr 6 4:40 AM
          Is it possible to know the weights of these packs? thanks arnie

          On Tue, Apr 5, 2011 at 6:42 PM, Jerry Goller <
          ChiefModerator@...> wrote:

          > It will have to be tomorrow.
          >
          > Jerry
          >
          > http://www.backpackgeartest.org/: the most comprehensive interactive gear
          > reviews on the planet.

        • Jerry Goller
          Message 4 of 11 , Apr 6 3:51 PM
            Here are the sizes of the packs.

            Jerry

            http://www.backpackgeartest.org/: the most comprehensive interactive gear
            reviews on the planet.

            Jerry,

            For the women's packs:

            17.5-20.5" torso

            34-39" waist

            For men's packs:

            17.5-20.5" torso

            29-34" waist

          • Andrew Buskov
            Message 5 of 11 , Apr 7 5:06 PM
              What, don't fat people hike? Lol. Might be able to fit into a woman's pack but there's no way I'll fit into a 34 waist.

              AB

              On Apr 6, 2011, at 18:51, "Jerry Goller" <ChiefModerator@...> wrote:

              > Here are the sizes of the packs.
              >

              > Jerry
              >

              > http://www.backpackgeartest.org/: the most comprehensive interactive gear
              > reviews on the planet.
              >

              > Jerry,
              >

              > For the women's packs:
              >
              > 17.5-20.5" torso
              >
              > 34-39" waist
              >

              > For men's packs:
              >
              > 17.5-20.5" torso
              >
              > 29-34" waist

            • asklarry99
              Message 6 of 11 , Apr 7 7:14 PM
                Wow--it's weird that the women's waist sizes are bigger than the men's. Any chance those are backwards?

                -larry

                --- In backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com, Andrew Buskov <rescue@...> wrote:

                > What, don't fat people hike? Lol. Might be able to fit into a woman's pack but there's no way I'll fit into a 34 waist.
                >
                > AB
                >
                > On Apr 6, 2011, at 18:51, "Jerry Goller" <ChiefModerator@...> wrote:
                >
                > > Here are the sizes of the packs.
                > >

                > > Jerry
                > >

                > > http://www.backpackgeartest.org/: the most comprehensive interactive gear
                > > reviews on the planet.
                > >

                > > Jerry,
                > >

                > > For the women's packs:
                > >
                > > 17.5-20.5" torso
                > >
                > > 34-39" waist
                > >

                > > For men's packs:
                > >
                > > 17.5-20.5" torso
                > >
                > > 29-34" waist

              • Jennifer Pope
                Message 7 of 11 , Apr 7 7:23 PM
                  It's a hipbelt and women have hips, men do not. Better for birthing babies.
                  I would guess they are correct as is.

                  Jen P.
                  (birther of 2 babies)

                  On Thu, Apr 7, 2011 at 10:14 PM, asklarry99 <asklarry98@...> wrote:

                  > Wow--it's weird that the women's waist sizes are bigger than the men's. Any
                  > chance those are backwards?
                  >
                  > -larry
                  >
                  > --- In backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com, Andrew Buskov <rescue@...>
                  > wrote:
                  > >
                  > > What, don't fat people hike? Lol. Might be able to fit into a woman's
                  > pack but there's no way I'll fit into a 34 waist.
                  > >
                  > > AB
                  > >
                  > > On Apr 6, 2011, at 18:51, "Jerry Goller" <ChiefModerator@...> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > > Here are the sizes of the packs.
                  > > >

                  > > > Jerry
                  > > >

                  > > > http://www.backpackgeartest.org/: the most comprehensive interactive
                  > gear
                  > > > reviews on the planet.
                  > > >

                  > > > Jerry,
                  > > >

                  > > > For the women's packs:
                  > > >
                  > > > 17.5-20.5" torso
                  > > >
                  > > > 34-39" waist
                  > > >

                  > > > For men's packs:
                  > > >
                  > > > 17.5-20.5" torso
                  > > >
                  > > > 29-34" waist

                • Jerry Goller
                  Message 8 of 11 , Apr 7 9:53 PM
                    All manufacturers that I deal with always build their prototype items, just
                    like their sales samples, in Medium so as to have the best chance of finding
                    testers that fit the gear.

                    <ChiefModerator@...> wrote:

                    > Here are the sizes of the packs.
                    >

                    > Jerry
                    >

                    > http://www.backpackgeartest.org/: the most comprehensive interactive gear
                    > reviews on the planet.
                    >

                    > Jerry,
                    >

                    > For the women's packs:
                    >
                    > 17.5-20.5" torso
                    >
                    > 34-39" waist
                    >

                    > For men's packs:
                    >
                    > 17.5-20.5" torso
                    >
                    > 29-34" waist

                  • Jerry Goller
                    Message 9 of 11 , Apr 7 9:53 PM
                      I don't know. I'll check on that.

                      wrote:

                      > What, don't fat people hike? Lol. Might be able to fit into a woman's pack
                      but there's no way I'll fit into a 34 waist.

                      > AB
                      >
                      > On Apr 6, 2011, at 18:51, "Jerry Goller" <ChiefModerator@...> wrote:
                      >
                      > > Here are the sizes of the packs.
                      > >

                      > > Jerry