Confidential beta pack test.

  • Jerry Goller
    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 5, 2011
      A major manufacturer has requested our help with testing on a new pack they
      are bringing out. There will be no online reports. You will report directly
      to them. The information you gather is confidential. If you disseminate any
      of the info you will be banned from testing at BGT. I'm sure you will get to
      keep the pack, or get a production model, after the test period. I'll
      confirm that tomorrow.

      They are looking for 12 men and 12 women on this test. They want people that
      are going to put some miles on these packs in the next few months. Section
      hikers on long trails were specifically mentioned but anyone that can put
      the miles on qualifies.

      All the packs are Medium frame with Medium hipbelts. These are larger packs
      with sizes of 55L, 65L, and 75L.

      I've had one of the earlier versions for awhile and I think it is a sweet
      pack.

      This is a first time beta test with this manufacturer but we've tested a ton
      of their gear in regular tests. I need apps ASAP. Apply as if it was a
      regular test but *SEND THE APPS STRIAGHT TO ME!!* I will forward the apps to
      the manufacturer. They will select the testers and handle everything there
      after directly with you.

      I want us to turn out for this one but I also want well qualified testers.

      Get your apps in, boys and girls!

      Jerry

      http://www.backpackgeartest.org/: the most comprehensive interactive gear
      reviews on the planet.

    • Brett Haydin
      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 5, 2011
        Jerry,

        Can you confirm torso and waist sizes for "medium"? I normally take larges,
        so I doubt I would be able to test these, but in case I can pitch in it
        would be useful to know.

        -Brett

        Message 3 of 11 , Apr 5, 2011
          It will have to be tomorrow.

          Message 4 of 11 , Apr 6, 2011
            Is it possible to know the weights of these packs? thanks arnie

            On Tue, Apr 5, 2011 at 6:42 PM, Jerry Goller <
            ChiefModerator@...> wrote:

            > It will have to be tomorrow.
            >
            > Jerry
            >
            > http://www.backpackgeartest.org/: the most comprehensive interactive gear
            > reviews on the planet.

          • Jerry Goller
            Message 5 of 11 , Apr 6, 2011
              Here are the sizes of the packs.

              Jerry

              http://www.backpackgeartest.org/: the most comprehensive interactive gear
              reviews on the planet.

              Jerry,

              For the women's packs:

              17.5-20.5" torso

              34-39" waist

              For men's packs:

              17.5-20.5" torso

              29-34" waist

            • Andrew Buskov
              Message 6 of 11 , Apr 7, 2011
                What, don't fat people hike? Lol. Might be able to fit into a woman's pack but there's no way I'll fit into a 34 waist.

                AB

                On Apr 6, 2011, at 18:51, "Jerry Goller" <ChiefModerator@...> wrote:

                > Here are the sizes of the packs.
                >

                > Jerry
                >

                > http://www.backpackgeartest.org/: the most comprehensive interactive gear
                > reviews on the planet.
                >

                > Jerry,
                >

                > For the women's packs:
                >
                > 17.5-20.5" torso
                >
                > 34-39" waist
                >

                > For men's packs:
                >
                > 17.5-20.5" torso
                >
                > 29-34" waist

              • asklarry99
                Message 7 of 11 , Apr 7, 2011
                  Wow--it's weird that the women's waist sizes are bigger than the men's. Any chance those are backwards?

                  -larry

                  --- In backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com, Andrew Buskov <rescue@...> wrote:

                  > What, don't fat people hike? Lol. Might be able to fit into a woman's pack but there's no way I'll fit into a 34 waist.
                  >
                  > AB
                  >
                  > On Apr 6, 2011, at 18:51, "Jerry Goller" <ChiefModerator@...> wrote:
                  >
                  > > Here are the sizes of the packs.
                  > >

                  > > Jerry
                  > >

                  > > http://www.backpackgeartest.org/: the most comprehensive interactive gear
                  > > reviews on the planet.
                  > >

                  > > Jerry,
                  > >

                  > > For the women's packs:
                  > >
                  > > 17.5-20.5" torso
                  > >
                  > > 34-39" waist
                  > >

                  > > For men's packs:
                  > >
                  > > 17.5-20.5" torso
                  > >
                  > > 29-34" waist

                • Jennifer Pope
                  Message 8 of 11 , Apr 7, 2011
                    It's a hipbelt and women have hips, men do not. Better for birthing babies.
                    I would guess they are correct as is.

                    Jen P.
                    (birther of 2 babies)

                    On Thu, Apr 7, 2011 at 10:14 PM, asklarry99 <asklarry98@...> wrote:

                    > Wow--it's weird that the women's waist sizes are bigger than the men's. Any
                    > chance those are backwards?
                    >
                    > -larry
                    >
                    > --- In backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com, Andrew Buskov <rescue@...>
                    > wrote:
                    > >
                    > > What, don't fat people hike? Lol. Might be able to fit into a woman's
                    > pack but there's no way I'll fit into a 34 waist.
                    > >
                    > > AB
                    > >
                    > > On Apr 6, 2011, at 18:51, "Jerry Goller" <ChiefModerator@...> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > > Here are the sizes of the packs.
                    > > >

                    > > > Jerry
                    > > >

                    > > > http://www.backpackgeartest.org/: the most comprehensive interactive
                    > gear
                    > > > reviews on the planet.
                    > > >

                    > > > Jerry,
                    > > >

                    > > > For the women's packs:
                    > > >
                    > > > 17.5-20.5" torso
                    > > >
                    > > > 34-39" waist
                    > > >

                    > > > For men's packs:
                    > > >
                    > > > 17.5-20.5" torso
                    > > >
                    > > > 29-34" waist

                  • Jerry Goller
                    Message 9 of 11 , Apr 7, 2011
                      All manufacturers that I deal with always build their prototype items, just
                      like their sales samples, in Medium so as to have the best chance of finding
                      testers that fit the gear.

                      <ChiefModerator@...> wrote:

                      > Here are the sizes of the packs.
                      >

                      > Jerry
                      >

                      > http://www.backpackgeartest.org/: the most comprehensive interactive gear
                      > reviews on the planet.
                      >

                      > Jerry,
                      >

                      > For the women's packs:
                      >
                      > 17.5-20.5" torso
                      >
                      > 34-39" waist
                      >

                      > For men's packs:
                      >
                      > 17.5-20.5" torso
                      >
                      > 29-34" waist

                    • Jerry Goller
                      Message 10 of 11 , Apr 7, 2011
                        I don't know. I'll check on that.

                        wrote:

                        > What, don't fat people hike? Lol. Might be able to fit into a woman's pack
                        but there's no way I'll fit into a 34 waist.

                        > AB
                        >
                        > On Apr 6, 2011, at 18:51, "Jerry Goller" <ChiefModerator@...> wrote:
                        >
                        > > Here are the sizes of the packs.
                        > >

                        > > Jerry