Application - FITS sock - Andrea Murland

  • ringrat55
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 4 10:50 PM
      Application - FITS Light Hiker Sock - Andrea Murland
      April 4, 2011

      Please accept my application to test the FITS Light Hiker sock. I have read the BackpackGearTest.org Bylaws v. 0609, including Chapter 5, and agree to comply with all requirements. My Tester Agreement was mailed on Aug. 31, 2009. As a Canadian tester I accept any need to pay for shipping.

      Name: Andrea Murland
      Email: amurland AT shaw DOT ca
      Age: 25
      Location: Elkford, British Columbia, Canada
      Gender: Female
      Height: 5 ft 2 in (1.57 m)
      Weight: 125 lb (57 kg)

      I began hiking frequently in 2006 and have since hiked in Western Canada, Australia, and spent 2 months backpacking in the Alps. I spend most weekends either day-hiking or on 2-3 day backpacking trips, with some longer trips when I can manage them. I also snowshoe and ski in the winter, but don't have a lot of experience with winter in the backcountry yet. Elevation is typically 500-3,000 m (1,600-10,000 ft), in the Canadian Rockies and the Selkirk, Purcell, and Monashee ranges. I try for a light pack, but I don't consider myself a lightweight backpacker.

      Test Plan:
      We're heading (slowly) into shoulder season here, so I'll have the opportunity to wear these socks with hiking boots, running shoes, and possibly cross-country ski boots in the snow, rain, and dry. The temperatures could range anywhere from -10 C (14 F) to 35 C (95 F). I am particularly interested in how the light socks wear, in addition to how they fit & conform to my feet, and manage moisture and odour.

      Currently Testing:
      Columbia Hot to Trot Softshell Jacket (FR)
      shred alert Hippy Beanie (FR)

      4 Owner Reviews in the last year

      Outstanding Applications:
      None

      Other roles:
      Test Call Manager
    • ringrat55
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 4 10:52 PM
        Whoops. In a different time zone at a conference and somehow thought that mountain time was an hour earlier than where I am...in pacific. This is late and can be discarded.

        Andrea