Application- GSI Crossover Kitchen Kit - Ralph Ditton

  • Ralph Ditton
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 4 12:06 AM
      Hello John,

      I'll throw my hat into the ring also for this test.

      Should I be accepted then I'll pay the postage.

      Best

      Ralph

      Application to test the GSI Crossover Kitchen Kit

      Date: 4th April, 2011
      Survival Guide

      I have read and understood the current requirements in the Survival Guide
      (version v. 0609 ), all of the appendices and Chapter 5. I agree to comply
      with all these requirements as a tester. I have also signed a tester
      agreement which is on file with Shane Steinkamp dated 7th March, 2005 and
      has been acknowledged by Stephanie Martin on the 27th April, 2005.

      Carrying out multiple test reports has not been a problem as I have tested
      five items at any one time. All of my reports have been submitted on time.

      Personal Details
      Name: Ralph Ditton
      Age: 59
      Height: 1. 76 m (5 ft 9 in)
      Weight: 71 kg (156 lb)
      Email: rdassettsAToptusnet dot com dot au
      City: Perth. Western Australia. Australia

      Backpacking Background
      I assist with Introductory Walks for new people wishing to join our club and
      I also lead walks for club members.

      It is a mix of day walks and overnight(s) backpacks.
      For day walks I use a day pack which does not exceed 5 kg (11 lb). It
      usually contains spare water and a large medical kit.

      I have evolved from being a heavyweight backpacker of approximately 28 kg
      (62 lb) including all my water and food to a mid- weight backpacker
      averaging 15 kg (33 lb). I am still trying to get lighter with better
      equipment. My trips range from overnighters to five days duration.

      Field Information
      I have no set location but I range all over the Darling Scarp leading day
      walks and assisting walk leaders with new people who want to join our
      bushwalking club.
      For overnight events I tend to either go further south into Wandoo/Jarrah
      country or north of Perth into Melaleuca country.

      Elevations range from sea level to 583 metres (1912 ft)

      We are now just beginning our prime bushwalking period of autumn/winter
      which should have (currently in a big drought) plenty of wet, cool days and
      nights and I will be out 3 weekends a month with a mixture of day and
      overnight activities.

      Temperatures can range from -3 C (26 F) to 19 C (66 F).

      Over the test period I am scheduled to be out in the field for close on 20
      days and at least 10 nights of which most will be car based where I range
      out from base camp.

      Test Plan

      I carry a mish mash of cleaning and cooking gear with me that are all stuck
      into little cavities in my gear inside my backpack.

      Having a dedicated Tote bag which doubles as a sink would be a tremendous
      boon.

      I usually bushwalk with a mate & I am responsible for the "kitchen utensils
      for food preparation and cleaning".

      Having a cutting board, Tongs, Scraper, Spoon, Spatula, Spice container and
      Oil bottle in one container will be a wonderful help in being organized.

      Following up after meals, the cleaning items will also be beneficial such as
      the scourer, Scraper, Liquid soap dispenser and towel.

      They will all get a thorough workout.

      Previous OR's and Test:

      http://www.backpackgeartest.org/tester_reviews/ralph_ditton

      Tester Page:

      RP: 10 @ -1

      RU: 10 @ -1

      Owner Reviews: 14 (some have now been deleted as they are over 3 years old)

      Completed test: 31

      Current test: Awaiting the arrival of Toughstakes.

      FR due 24th May, 2011 for Big Sky Dreamsleeper Pillow

      Applications outstanding: Jetboil Sol Al

      I am currently a mentor, monitor and Test Call Manager