EDIT: LTR - Obermeyer Falcon Shell - Brian Hartman

  • Jamie
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 2, 2011
      Brian,

      I am very sorry, I appear to have missed your post hence the delay in providing my edits.

      See below for a few minor points.

      Cheers,

      Jamie

      --- In backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com, Brian Hartman <bhart1426@...> wrote:

      > LONG-TERM REPORT
      >
      > LONG-TERM TEST LOCATIONS AND CONDITIONS
      >
      > I have been very happy with this jacket's performance. It sheds snow and rain with no problems and the fabric is quite windproof.  The durability and quality of the jacket has also been very good and it still looks fairly new.

      Comment: this first sentence seems out of place, as though it is the opening of your performance summary rather than field discriptions.

      > PERFORMANCE IN THE FIELD
      >

      > Regarding durability, it has held up well and looks almost as it did when it arrived at my doorstep five months ago.  It does have a few scuffs and scratches that I acquired while venturing off trail through briars and low hanging tree branches.  Despite these marks, I am happy to report that the jacket has no snags, rips or tears and I have not had any problems with the seams coming loose or fabric fraying.

      Edit: You refer to the jacket as it in this sentence but as the jacket throughout the balance of the report. You may want to reword to be consistant.

      I would also start the sentence In regards to durability...

      > SUMMARY

      almost 40% more than my Goretex rain jacket.

      EDIT: Goretex is Gore-Tex

      In regards to continued use, I plan to incorporate this jacket into my cold weather wardrobe.   I will also use it for base camping but it will not be my primary jacket for moderate weather backpacking because of its weight.  This concludes my testing of the Falcon Jacket.  I would like to thank Sport Obermeyer and BackpackGearTest.org for the opportunity to test this jacket.

      EDIT: This concludes.. should start as a new para. Add an extra line
    • Brian Hartman
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 3, 2011
        Thanks for the edits Jamie.  Talk to you soon.