APPLICATION: Columbia Peak 2 Peak Jacket (Curt)

  • nwcurt
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 3, 2011
      Please accept my application to test the new Columbia Peak 2 Peak Jacket. I have read and understand the BGT Survival Guide including bylaws version 0609. I will follow all testing requirements. My tester agreement is on file with BGT.

      Biographical Information:
      Name: Curt Peterson
      Age: 39
      Gender: Male
      Height: 6 ft 3 in (1.91 m)
      Weight: 250 lb (113 kg)
      Email address: curt (at) backpackgeartest (dot) org
      City, State, Country: North Bend, WA, USA
      Date: March 3, 2011

      Backpacking Background:
      I live in the Cascade foothills, just 20 mi (32 km) from the Pacific Crest Trail via trails leading right from my backyard. My outdoor time in Washington is spent dayhiking, backpacking, climbing, fishing and skiing everywhere from the Olympic coast to rainforests to Cascade volcanoes to dry steppe. I played football in college and often evaluate products from a big guy perspective. My typical pack load ranges from 11 - 20 lbs (5-9 kg) and usually includes plenty
      of wet weather gear. I hike weekly all year regardless of conditions, so rainwear is critical to my kit.

      Test Plan:
      I hike every week - regardless of weather. Based on my normal hiking pattern, I will hike at least 300 miles (480 km ) during the test window. To do this in Washington, fair weather hiking is not an option. Especially in the spring and early summer. The rain does not stop here until late June or early July, so there's plenty of wet weather testing before high summer rolls around.

      My usual local hiking trail gets almost 100 inches (254 cm) of precipitation a year. I have little doubt this jacket would get a thorough test! I do have a decent amount of elevation gain on every hike, so ventilation and breathability are big factors for me. The pit zips and claims of "ultra breathable" fabric will be a primary focus during this test.

      All the little things - zippers, "crunchiness", how fast it wets out, weight, fit, etc. will be thoroughly reported on. I would probably request a size XXL.

      My previous reviews are at:
      http://www.backpackgeartest.org/tester_reviews/Curtis

      My tester page is at:

      Current Tests: 0 Active