EDIT: LTR - Primus EtaPackLite - Lori Pontious

  • woodswoman
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 3, 2011
      Lori,
      Nice summary...no edits! Please upload and delete test file.

      Gail

      HTML: http://tinyurl.com/4f5d8mh

    • ftroop94
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 3, 2011
        Chari,

        It looks good. I only have one suggestion:

        <<< and one 4 mile (6.4 km) trail run in 76 F (24.4 C) weather.
        Edit: I typically see rounding, so I'd suggest (24 C)

        It was great working with you on this one. Be sure to delete the test file. See you down the trail!

        Steve

        --- In backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com, "cdaignault" <chari.daignault@...> wrote:

        > Thanks for the edits! Love these socks -- please send more.
        >
        > -- Chari
        >

        > HTML version: http://tinyurl.com/4nyhu63
        >
        > LONG-TERM REPORT
        >
        > LONG-TERM TEST LOCATIONS AND CONDITIONS
        >
        > Locations, conditions and weather during the Long Term testing period were similar to the Field Report. However, we had little to no rain, as this is our dry season in Central Florida. My first pair of socks were worn just over 70 miles (113 km) during this time on approximately 21 separate day hikes of 3 to 4 miles (4.8 km - 6.4 km) each, and one 4 mile (6.4 km) trail run in 76 F (24.4 C) weather. They were also worn to the office several times and on walks with the dogs through our community.
        >

        > PERFORMANCE IN THE FIELD
        >
        > These socks are very durable! During the testing period, they've shown no more wear or tear than they did during the Field Testing phase. I tried to wash them more often this time, wearing them no more than twice between washings. I threw them in the drier after each washing and they always came out soft and did not shrink. They are so comfortable when on; they have excellent cushioning and they seem to hug my feet.
        >
        > I still have not been able to discern any scent or smell on them, even after hot, sweaty hikes. There are no mud stains on them and they have not pilled at all. The colors are still vibrant and the designs are still sharp and clear. Even after extended use, they fit well and don't stretch out.
        >
        > Another good thing -- I still have one more pair to break in!
        >

        > SUMMARY
        >
        > Basically, I love these socks. I'd love to have several pair; maybe in a more "quiet" style -- less design, with a softer color palette so I could wear them with a wider variety of clothing.
        >
        > PROS
        > Soft
        > Durable
        > Cushioned
        > Breathable
        > Warm
        >
        > CONS
        > None
        >
        > This concludes my Long Term Report. Many thanks to Darn Tough Vermont and BackpackGearTest.org for allowing me to test these socks!

      • loripontious
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 3, 2011
          Thanks, Gail. All done. And thanks for working with me on my first test series.

          Lori

          --- In backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com, woodswoman <woodswoman2001@...> wrote:

          > Lori,
          > Nice summary...no edits! Please upload and delete test file.
          >
          > Gail

          > HTML: http://tinyurl.com/4f5d8mh

        • cdaignault
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 4, 2011
            Thanks!! Made the edit and uploaded, file deleted. :)

            Take care,

            -- Chari