APPLICATION-Benchmade Bone Collector-Mike Pearl

  • Mike Pearl
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 2 6:20 PM
      Please accept my application to test the Benchmade 15000 Bone Collector knife.
      I have read the      BackpackGearTest Survival Guide v. 0609 and Bylaws v. 0609
      and I agree to comply with    all requirements and timetables. I have signed and
      submitted the Tester Agreement.

       Bio:
      NAME: Mike Pearl
      EMAIL: mikepearl36@...
      AGE: 36
      LOCATION: Woodstock, Vermont, USA
      GENDER: M
      HEIGHT: 5' 9" (1.75 m)
      WEIGHT: 155 lb (70.30 kg)

      My backpacking experience began six years ago, after years of car camping. Most
      trips are for two or three days, some lasting a week. I hike with a group of two
      to four, with plans for a multi-day solo hike next summer. I pack a tent or tarp
      depending on availability of trail shelters. My average mileage is 15 mi (24
      km). While aware of weight, it is not my primary concern. I strive for enjoyable
      outings with functional, reliable gear. I usually travel in woodland mountain
      terrain. I am a three season camper, but enjoy hiking all year.

      Test Plan:
      During the testing period I have a few trips planned - one for two days, one for
      a week, and a possible solo four day.  While backpacking/camping, I will
      evaluate the knife on several points.  My focus will be on the feel and
      balance while in my hand as well as it's quality of construction.  I will also
      asses the ease, accessibility and security when removing and placing it in the
      sheath and, most importantly, how well does it cut.  I will test the Benchmade
      1500 Bone Collector knife as multi-purpose tool.  Testing will occur under the
      all conditions mulit-day backpacking provides.

      Field Conditions:
      Two day trip- Green Mountains, Vermont; elevations between 700 ft to 4200 ft
      (213 to 1280 m), Temperature between 30 to 80 F (-1 to 27 C), with everything
      from clear, calm to rainy, windy days.

      Week trip- Yellowstone National Park, temperature between 46 to 80 F ( 8 to 27
      C), average rainfall 1.5 in (4 cm), elevation between 5,000 to 10,000 ft (1,500
      to 3,000 m)

      Solo four day- Long Trail, Southern Vermont; planning on 60 mi (97 km) with
      temperatures between 44 to 90 F (7 to 32 C), elevation range 630 to 3936 ft (192
      to 1200 m), with everything from clear, calm to rainy, windy days.

      OR's for last year and overall: Four
                                                    http://www.backpackgeartest.org/tester_reviews/mike%20pearl

      Current Test: TSL 227 Escape Easy Snowshoes
                           Chaos Mistral Multi-Tasker Pro Balaclava
      Test Status:    http://teststatus.backpackgeartest.org/T1884.htm

      App's Out:  Past Primitive - Pocket Stove
                         Fenix Lighting – MC 10 LED Angle Head Light

      Additional Roles: None at this time

      Thank you for considering my application.

      Mike