APPLICATION - Columbia Peak 2 Peak - Andrew Buskov

  • Andrew Buskov
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 2, 2011
      Here is my application for the Columbia Peak 2 Peak jacket.

      AB
      ________

      Columbia Peak 2 Peak

      Please accept my application to test the Columbia Peak 2 Peak. I have read
      the entire BackpackGearTest.org bylaws, and agree to follow all
      requirements. My Tester Agreement is on file.

      Tester Biographical Information:
      Name: Andrew Buskov
      Age: 36
      Gender: Male
      Height: 5 ft 9 in (1.75 m)
      Weight: 224 (102 kg)
      Email: Rescue(at)Corridor9(dot)net
      City, State, Country: Madisonville, Kentucky USA
      Date: March 2, 2011

      Field Information:
      I will be day hiking and multi-day hiking in areas of Western Kentucky,
      Tennessee, and Indiana over the next few months, with two multi-night trips
      already planned out.

      Test Plan:
      With the past few months of cold over, it's time to start getting out more.
      As we all know though, spring brings monsoon rains at times and hiking when
      you're soaking wet can be just as miserable as hiking when you're freezing.
      It is because of this that I hereby submit my application to test the
      Columbia Peak 2 Peak jacket.

      I plan on using this jacket in all types of inclement weather. While rain
      will likely be the main form of precipitation, snow and sleet are still
      common until well into April. I plan on testing how well the
      ultra-breathable fabric really keeps the water out, if I get wet from the
      bottom up due to the wide hem, and whether the zippers seep water. As many
      jacket's I've tried work well at being waterproof or windproof, but not
      both, I'm very interested in how well a breathable jacket keeps the wind
      out.

      In short, I plan on wearing this jacket in all means of weather, and also
      packing it for the possibility of bad weather. As with my other reports,
      I'll include numerous pictures of the jacket for clarity.
      Here is a link to my previous BGT reports.
      http://www.backpackgeartest.org/tester_reviews/Rescue9
      -or-
      http://tinyurl.com/cxdth

      Items I'm currently testing:
      Chaos Mistrial Multi-Tasker Pro Balaclava (FR Phase)
      Teststatus Page: http://is.gd/457n6a

      Additional applications I have submitted:
      None

      Additional Duties:
      Editor, Monitor

      Owner Reviews Last Year:
      None (All gear I've purchased myself already have Owner Reviews)

      Thank you for considering my application to test the Columbia Peak 2 Peak
      jacket.