APPLICATION – Toughstake - Jeff Ruhle

  • jjruhle@ymail.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 1, 2011
      I know this application may be an hour or two late, but I just got back from a trip and noticed this intriguing item, so I hope you will consider my application!

      Jeff

      APPLICATION – Toughstake - Jeff Ruhle
      Date: March 1st, 2011

      Please accept my application to test the Toughstakes. I have read the BGT By-Laws (v.0609) including Chapters 4 and 5 and will comply with all of the requirements.

      Biographical Information

      Name: Jeff Ruhle
      Location: Winter Park, CO, USA
      Email Address: jjruhle@...
      Height: 6'3" (1.91 m)
      Weight: 175 (79 kg)
      Age: 23

      Outdoor Field Information:
      For outdoor testing, the majority of the trips will be backpacking and camping trips in the Colorado High Rockies and the desert of southern Utah. The mountains will provide an excellent testing ground for these stakes as the snow often lasts through June in spots. The desert in northern Arizona and southern Utah are perfect as well. Because the terrain is so flat and sandy, high winds are common and getting things to stay put is often a challenge.

      Right now I have two trips planned. The big one will be a 3 week (possibly more) trip to the desert and canyons in southern Utah. On the way back, I will be spend approximately one week camping and hiking in the Gore Range. In addition, I am sure that there will be many weekend trips, but those are not planned as of yet. These trips will give me plenty of opportunity to test these stakes in both sand and snow.

      My ORs and tests can be seen at the following link:

      Applications Pending: None

      Current Tests:
      -High Sierra Sentinel Backpack – LTR due March 1st, 2011

      I am currently a test monitor.

      Thanks,
      Jeff Ruhle