APPLICATION - PAST PRIMITIVE STOVE - POCKET STOVE - David Wyman

  • Dave Wyman
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 8, 2011
      Please accept my application to test the PAST PRIMITIVE STOVE - POCKET
      STOVE. My test agreement is on file and I agree to comply with all the
      report requirements, including Chapter 5, found in the BackpackGearTest
      bylaws v0609.

      TESTER INFORMATION
      NAME: David Wyman
      EMAIL: wyman -at- wymanhq -dot- com
      AGE: 32
      LOCATION: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
      GENDER: Male
      HEIGHT: 5' 10" (1.78 m)
      WEIGHT: 175 lb (79.40 kg)

      While I've been camping for years, I've only been backpacking for a
      short time. I'm trying to find the right equipment, alternating between
      tent and hammock. My dog usually comes along on the longer hikes, and my
      wife and toddlers join me on the shorter ones. I tend to carry more gear
      than I need resulting in a heavier pack, but I'm working on that. When I
      hike with my dog and/or my wife and kids, we take it a bit slower,
      stopping frequently to enjoy the forest. I rarely hike fast unless I'm
      trying to make up time.

      BRIEF TEST PLAN
      I have two overnight trips planned for this winter, both one night in
      duration. I also get out fairly often for shorter day trips. I don't
      usually bring a stove on the day trips due to size/weight so I'll be
      interested to see if this is small/light enough to make it into my day
      hike pack. I'm also curious how well it does in colder temperatures and
      also in how well it supports my larger metal mug/pot as I usually cook
      enough for two or three people at a time.

      POSTED REPORTS: http://www.backpackgeartest.org/tester_reviews/cybrus

      TESTER PAGE: http://teststatus.backpackgeartest.org/T1851.htm

      CURRENT TESTS: Sea to Summit Big River Dry Sack

      CURRENT APPS: Bridgford Sandwiches

      ADDITIONAL ROLES: None

      Thank you in advance for considering this application and a special
      thanks to Past Primitive Stove for providing this testing opportunity.