FR-Sunday Afternoons Eclipse Cap-Cheryl McMurray

  • Cheryl Mcmurray
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 7, 2011
> [...]
      >
      > Folded stored in pack
      > Folded and stored in pack side pocket
      >
      > The hook and loop adjustment has worked very well. I usually have to make the cap larger when wearing a fleece cap underneath and have always been able to adjust it large enough for the fleece hat to fit underneath. As it heats up and I have to remove the fleece cap, I'm able to adjust the cap to fit snug enough on my head once again fitting my head well. I have found the cap to be very versatile this way. When the cap is snugged down comfortably on my head it stays secure in breezy conditions but I have had it come off twice with some high wind gusts that caught it just right.
      >
      > One of the stated features of the cap is that it is water resistant. I have not found this to be the case. I used the cap in a light drizzle to keep the water out of my eyes and the moisture soaked into the cap immediately. On another walk I used the cap under a rain jacket with the hood up to keep the constant drizzle out of my eyes and began to feel the right front side of my head getting wet. The brim did hold its shape but was allowing the moisture in under the brim area.
      >
      > SUN PROTECTION
      >
      > I have found the sun protection of the cap over my eyes to be very good. The brim seems to be a good length and width giving me good coverage but never obscuring my view. The only area that I've had a problem with sun exposure is my ears as I can feel them burning when the sun is hitting me. I realize that the nature of this cap is a ball cap style cap but when out hiking all day ear coverage for me is important. It would be nice to see a flip up ear flap on this cap along with the flip up crown ventilation. I wear shirts that have a collar so sun exposure to my neck is not an issue.
      >
      > On top of Sunse Peak, sunny day
      > Side view in the field
      >
      > WHAT I LIKE
      >
      > The long wide brim keeps the sun from my eyes without obscuring my view
      > Ability to fold the hat up small enough to stuff into a side pocket or pants pocket
      > Very comfortable cap to wear with no pressure points
      > Versatile to wear over a fleece cap, under a climbing helmet or just on my head with an easy quick adjustment
      > Soft lightweight material
      >
      > WHAT I DON'T LIKE
      >
      > Not water resistant and bill leaks when wet
      > No sun coverage for my ears
      >
      > This concludes my Field Report. The Long Term Report will be amended to this report in approximately two months from the date of this report . Please check back then for further information.

    • RyanC
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 1, 2011
        Cheryl,

        My apologies for the delay in editing your Field Report. With my back surgery, and then my wife's unexpected emergency surgery, things have been surreal at my house.

        Nice report, I really like the photos as they add to your report. Just a few minor things for you to address and you're good to post.

        Edit: <when unfolded always returns to it's original shape> - it's should be "its" -- please correct

        Edit: <larger when wearing a fleece cap underneath and have always been able> - please remove the extra space before "have"

        Edit: <two months from the date of this report . > - please remove the extra space before the period.

        See you again in a short while.

        Ryan
      • Cheryl Mcmurray
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 2, 2011
          Hi Ryan,
          Thanks so much for your edits. I've completed them but for some reason am not able to delete the current report (IR) and upload the updated one. Can you help on this?
          Thanks,
          Cheryl
          On Mar 1, 2011, at 7:46 PM, RyanC wrote:

          > Cheryl,
          >
          > My apologies for the delay in editing your Field Report. With my back surgery, and then my wife's unexpected emergency surgery, things have been surreal at my house.
          >
          > Nice report, I really like the photos as they add to your report. Just a few minor things for you to address and you're good to post.
          >
          > Edit: <when unfolded always returns to it's original shape> - it's should be "its" -- please correct
          >
          > Edit: <larger when wearing a fleece cap underneath and have always been able> - please remove the extra space before "have"
          >
          > Edit: <two months from the date of this report . > - please remove the extra space before the period.
          >
          > See you again in a short while.
          >
          > Ryan

        • RyanC
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 2, 2011
            Due to my tardiness, testers are unable to delete their Initial Reports so they can upload their Field Reports. Can a mod please delete the Sunday Afternoons Eclipse Cap Initial Reports?

            Thanks, Ryan

            --- In backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com, Cheryl Mcmurray <cherylmcmurray2@...> wrote:

            > Hi Ryan,
            > Thanks so much for your edits. I've completed them but for some reason am not able to delete the current report (IR) and upload the updated one. Can you help on this?
            > Thanks,
            > Cheryl
          • themiddlesister1951
            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 2, 2011
              I just deleted all three. I'm now visiting family in NJ and trying to figure out e-mail access here so things may be delayed in my reponses. But this was an easy thing to do!

              Kathy

              --- In backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com, "RyanC" <bigdawgryan@...> wrote:

              > Due to my tardiness, testers are unable to delete their Initial Reports so they can upload their Field Reports. Can a mod please delete the Sunday Afternoons Eclipse Cap Initial Reports?
              >
              > Thanks, Ryan
              >
              > --- In backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com, Cheryl Mcmurray <cherylmcmurray2@> wrote:
              > >
              > > Hi Ryan,
              > > Thanks so much for your edits. I've completed them but for some reason am not able to delete the current report (IR) and upload the updated one. Can you help on this?
              > > Thanks,
              > > Cheryl

            • RyanC
              Message 6 of 6 , Mar 2, 2011