Re: [backpackgeartesters] Attn: Former Geomate Jr. Testers

  • Derek Hansen
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 5, 2011
      I'll get something in too. I just updated my Geomate this afternoon
      after getting your notice. The only clarification I can give is that
      one of the "Free" features requires a paid subscription to
      Geocaching.com (you can't download files to the Geomate without
      membership).

      Anyway, just more fun to be had!

      Best,

      ~derek

      On Feb 5, 2011, at 9:34 PM, Kathy Waters wrote:

      > Bless you, David! Just post it here and I'll edit it personally -
      > POWER - and then delete your report so you can re-upload.
      > Seriously, thanks a lot. These are things that vendors appreciate
      > about BGT!
    • Jamie D.
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 5, 2011
        I'm in too. Should be able to check it out sometime this week.

        Jamie D

        > Jamie, David & Derek,
        >
        > At the Winter OR Show in Salt Lake City, a couple of weeks ago, one of the
        > BGT reps met with Warren Hewerdine the VP of Marketing for the Geomate, Jr.
        >
        > Apparently, there are new FREE features for the Geomate Jr. on the website
        > www.apisphere.com . Warren asked if you three would take a look at it. And
        > while I KNOW it's WAY past your testing period, if you could find it in your
        > heart to maybe add a paragraph long addendum to your report, the gear test
        > gods might look down on you with great favor. Obviously, this is not like
        > an "off-with-your-heads" command <g>.
        >
        > Thanks,
        > Kathy

      • Jamie D.
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 18, 2011
          I check out the site but didn't see the "free" features. Can someone give me a hint? :)

          jamie