Application to test - Bridgeford Sandwiches - Ray Estrella

  • Ray
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 4, 2011
      Please accept my application to test the Bridgeford Sandwiches. I have read the BackpackGearTest.org bylaws v. 0609 including, but not limited to, Chapter 5. I agree to comply with and exceed all requirements.

      Tester Information
      Name: Raymond Estrella
      Age: 50
      Gender: Male
      Height: 6' 3" (193 cm)
      Weight: 210 lb (92 kg)
      Email address: rayestrella@...
      City: Moorhead
      State: Minnesota
      Country: USA
      Date: January 4, 2011

      Backpacking Background:

      I have been backpacking for over 30 years, all over California, and in many of the western states and Minnesota. I hike year-round, and average 500+ miles (800+ km) per year. I have made a move to lightweight gear, and smaller volume packs. I start early and hike hard so as to enjoy the afternoons exploring. I usually take a freestanding tent and enjoy hot meals at night. If not hiking solo I am usually with my brother-in-law Dave.

      Test plan

      As I am not working I take at least two multi-day trips and about four day-hikes per month (or more, two this week alone). It has been snowing here in MN since November and will keep doing so until April so all trips will be on snowshoes in temps to well below 0 F. Right now I am hiking in the north central part of the state and working my way east. Planned locations for the rest of winter is Chippewa State Forest, with Superior Hiking Trail a hopeful for March.

      I would most likely take the sandwiches on my day hikes, keeping them in the insulated area of my winter day pack to keep them from freezing. I will take them for over-nighters also to see how they stand up to the cold. Maybe I can warm them in my inside pocket while I set up camp.

      Like all food tests I will report on the taste, texture, nutritional value and edibility of the product.

      I have two tests in progress, the Merrell Jacket, the LTR of which is due this month, and the Tubbs snowshoes in FR stage.

      Here is a link to my tester page.

      I have no other applications in at this time.

      My involvement with BGT includes active duty as Editor, Test Monitor, and Mentor.

      I have completed a lot of test series.

      I have written around 140 Owner Reviews.

      My reports and reviews can be found at:

      http://www.backpackgeartest.org/tester_reviews/rayestrella

      Thank you for your consideration of me for this test,

      Ray