Re: [backpackgeartesters] EDIT - LTR - Lowa Renegade boots - Jerry Adams

  • jerry adams
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 4, 2011
      Thanks for the edits

      Edited, uploaded deleted

      ________________________________
      From: Derek Hansen <derek.hansen@...>
      To: backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com
      Cc: jerry adams <jerryaadams@...>
      Sent: Tue, January 4, 2011 6:30:30 PM
      Subject: [backpackgeartesters] EDIT - LTR - Lowa Renegade boots - Jerry Adams

      Jerry,

      Thanks for posting your report! HTML looks good. Here are my edits
      following the BGT convention:

      EDIT: Must
      Edit: Consider
      Comment: Muse

      Feel free to upload, unless you have significant questions about my
      last edit.

      Best,

      ~derek

      # # #

      > December 11 . . . 4.5 miles (7 km), 45 F (7 C), steady
      Edit: You can round up the 4.5 since you are also rounding the metrics
      EDIT: Remove the extra space before "C"

      > December 28 . . . (7 km), , 47 F (8 C), heavy
      EDIT: Extra comma can be removed

      > I didn't do all that much more testing . . . 264 miles (425 km)
      Comment: Not much!? That's great mileage! I often wish I could do more
      miles...

      > in the LTR period was waterproofness.
      > during the LTR period
      > during the FR period
      Comment/Edit: I couldn't find anything _specific_ about internal BGT
      acronyms, so technically these may be permissible, but I would
      recommend you spell these out since most readers will be unfamiliar
      with BGT jargon.

      > Gore-Tex
      EDIT: GORE-TEX (multiple places)

      > The stitches rip out. I didn't see this happening yet:
      EDIT: I'm not sure what this is in reference to and the photo didn't
      really help clarify (it's a good photo, but I wasn't sure what I was
      looking for). I was guessing you meant, "the stitches ripped out [of
      the upper? tongue?]" but I wasn't sure.

      > <<IMAGE GOES HERE. ALT TEXT = "IMAGE 3">>
      EDIT: You need a more descriptive caption for your images.

      > There was never a hint of a blister, better
      > than just about any other boot or shoe I have used in the past.
      Edit: You have two spliced sentences here. I suggest you put a full
      top after "blister" and start a new sentence, something like, "The
      Renegade's are better...".

      > Another possible negative is they aren't real breathable.
      > . . . But, this is just what happens with Gore-Tex boots.

      Edit: ...very breathable.
      EDIT: GORE-TEX
      EDIT: You are projecting here by associating _all_ GORE-TEX products,
      which is outside the scope of this report.

      > The first thing I'm doing is washing the boots off thoroughly with
      water. . .
      Edit: I don't think this last paragraph is really necessary, and as an
      afterthought, raises more questions than answers them -- why are you
      only thinking about washing them _now_ at the end? Why are you
      considering adding wax _now_ verses earlier? Didn't you already say
      the shoes were waterproof? I recommend removing this paragraph unless
      you can add a few more paragraphs explaining a little more about the
      experiences that led to these decisions, since it seems counter to
      what you've already said about the boots.