Re: [backpackgeartesters] Re: Princetontec Byte Test Problem

  • jerry adams
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 4, 2011
      1.295 volts after 1 hour.  I believe that is a partially charged battery, maybe
      50%.

      She said something about their being a microprocessor in there, in order to
      boost the voltage from the only 2 AAA batteries.

      If you have a microprocessor, and software, then it can do wacky things.

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 4, 2011
        Yeah, we should see what the other two testers have found out.  And maybe
        someone else should call customer service at Princetontec ( (609) 298-9331) to
        see if they get the same experience.

        If that verifies, maybe someone has some better contact at Princetontec.  It's
        like this product isn't ready for market.  It would be better for them to go
        back and fix this than get a bad test result.

        ________________________________
        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 4, 2011
          Has anybody tried NiMH cells? You'll only get about 2.4V total but their output curves are much better than alkalines. There's also disposable lithium, which put out 1.5+V for extended periods (but are expen$ive).

          I'm very interested in what y'all find out.

          Cheers,

          Rick

          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 4, 2011
            The Byte came with Alkaline batteries.

            Alkaline are the most common batteries that people use, cheapest.

            Princetontec says that the Byte will work with Alkaline or Lithium.  The burn
            time spec is for Alkaline.

            I assume the test should be done with Alkaline.