EDIT- IR - Princeton Tec Byte - Jerry Adams

  • Brett Haydin
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 1, 2010
      Jerry,

      Good report overall! I don't have much for you to change/consider, but once
      you are done feel free to upload. Enjoy the headlamp and we'll see you in
      two months!

      Don't forget to delete the test file.

      You probably know the drill by now, but I use the following conventions:

      EDIT: something must be changed

      Edit: a suggested change but I leave it up to you

      Comment: just a comment; maybe witty or maybe not.

      -Brett

      <snip>

      The Byte has two LED bulbs - a dim red bulb good if you want a dim light
      that maximizes battery life and minimizes desensitizing my eyes if I want to
      be able to see without the light, and a white bulb that provides more light
      for better visibility.
      Edit: this read odd to me since it was so long. It might read better if you
      separate the two clauses (red and white bulbs).

      <snip>

      To push the button, I have to push right where the 5 bumps are Pushing at
      other places on the button didn't do anything.

      EDIT: missing a period after "are"

      <snip>

      Another criticism of mine about other LED headlamps, is that when I first
      push the button, it goes to high intensity, but since I normally use low
      intensity, it would be better if it went to low intensity first to reduce
      the number of times I have to push the button.

      Comment: sounds like a case of darned if you do, darned if you don't <g>

      <snip>
      The Byte is advertised to be able to use Lithium batteries. . The Byte
      came with standard alkaline batteries which I will use for the test, but I
      normally use Lithiums.

      Comment: it would be interesting to see if you notice a difference since
      they advertise that it is acceptable. The mods may have a different view,
      but if the manufacturer says it is ok, you should feel free to test it in
      that manner.

    • jerry adams
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 1, 2010
        Thanks for looking it over