APPLICATION- PRINCETON TEC BYTE- RALPH DITTON

  • Ralph Ditton
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 3, 2010
      Hi Andrea,

      Here is my application for your pile for consideration.

      If selected, I am happy to pay the postage.

      Cheers

      Ralph

      Application to test the Princeton Tec Byte Headlamp

      Date: 3rd October, 2010
      Survival Guide

      I have read and understood the current requirements in the Survival Guide
      (version v. 0609 ), all of the appendices and Chapter 5. I agree to comply
      with all these requirements as a tester. I have also signed a tester
      agreement which is on file with Shane Steinkamp dated 7th March, 2005 and
      has been acknowledged by Stephanie Martin on the 27th April, 2005.

      Carrying out multiple test reports has not been a problem as I have tested
      five items at any one time. All of my reports have been submitted on time.

      Personal Details
      Name: Ralph Ditton
      Age: 59
      Height: 1. 76 m (5 ft 9 in)
      Weight: 71 kg (156 lb)
      Email: rdassettsAToptusnet dot com dot au
      City: Perth. Western Australia. Australia

      Backpacking Background
      I assist with Introductory Walks for new people wishing to join our club and
      I also lead walks for club members.

      It is a mix of day walks and overnight(s) backpacks.
      For day walks I use a day pack which does not exceed 5 kg (11 lb). It
      usually contains spare water and a large medical kit.

      I have evolved from being a heavyweight backpacker of approximately 28 kg
      (62 lb) including all my water and food to a mid- weight backpacker
      averaging 15 kg (33 lb). I am still trying to get lighter with better
      equipment. My trips range from overnighters to five days duration.

      Field Information
      I have no set location but I range all over the Darling Scarp leading day
      walks and assisting walk leaders with new people who want to join our
      bushwalking club.
      For overnight events I tend to either go further south into Wandoo/Jarrah
      country or north of Perth into Melaleuca country.

      Elevations range from sea level to 583 metres (1912 ft)

      We are now just beginning our spring/summer period which has plenty of warm
      and hot days and nights and I will be out on average 2 weekends a month with
      a mixture of day and overnight activities.

      Temperatures can range from 10 C (50 F) to 40C (104 F).

      Over the test period I am scheduled to be out in the field for close on 14
      days and at least 8 nights.

      Brief Test Plan:

      Does the buckle on the head strap double up as a tool to open the battery
      compartment?

      Is the head strap comfortable?

      What does 35 Lumens convert to in Lux at 1 foot, 2 foot up to say 50 feet?
      (I'll measure it with my light metre).

      How bright is the light in lux at the extreme end of its useful range

      I'll test for ease of operation. Any tricky sequences to scroll through
      High, Low and Red light?

      Does the rubber O ring fall out of its seat when the door is open?

      Will rain affect the headlamp should some small amount of moisture getting
      inside it?

      Are the battery contacts prone to rust/corrosion?

      Is the reflector smooth or textured?

      Does the light emitted come out as even light distribution without an
      unbroken beam?

      Will I get 146 hours of burn time?

      Tester Pages: http://www.backpackgeartest.org/tester_reviews/ralph_ditton

      Owner Reviews:14
      Brownie Points: 6
      Applications pending: Nil
      Successful applications: 31
      Completed test: 30
      Test in progress: 1. LTR due 14th Dec, 2010 for Primus Eta Solo Stove.
      Tester Status: Old Veteran
      RP 10 @ -1
      RU 10 @ -1
      Labour of love: Mentor, Monitor, Senior Test Call Manager.