APPLICATION: Princeton Tec Byte - Tim Earley

  • Tim Earley
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 2, 2010
      Please accept my application to test the Princeton Tec Tec Byte headlamp. I
      have read the BackpackGearTest.org bylaws v. 0609 including Chapters 4 and
      5. I agree to comply with all requirements.

      Tester Information
      Name: Tim Earley
      Age: 27
      Gender: Male
      Height: 6' 0" (180 cm)
      Weight: 185 lb (84 kg)
      Email address: timothy DOT earley AT gmail DOT com
      City: Yonkers
      State: New York
      Country: USA
      Date: September 30, 2010

      *Backpacking Background:*

      My first exposure to backpacking was about seven years ago in the Army where
      I learned everything I needed to learn about being comfortable in the
      wilderness with little to no comfort gear. I primarily do day hikes now,
      with the occasional overnight jaunt thrown in whenever possible. I consider
      myself a lightweight packer, though not a minimalist. My favorite hikes are
      those that have significant elevation change as these provide the best
      views, most challenge and best reward. I am most comfortable in cool to
      cold weather as I tend to overheat in other seasons.

      *Test plan*
      If selected for this test I will bring this lamp along for use during any
      low light conditions including early morning, late afternoon and night in
      camp. I am curious to see if the Maxlight LED provides sufficient light for
      effective use both near and far (ie. walking at night and night in the
      tent). I would also like to see the usefulness of the red LED. I
      frequently used a red flashlight in the military so I have a good background
      to test this against. I will expose this headlamp to temperatures ranging
      from 70 F (21 C) to about 10 F (12 C). These temperatures should allow me
      to test the life of batteries in all temperatures.

      I am also curious to see how the single arm bracket functions, I've never
      used something like that. I also would like to see how easy the button is
      to push with gloves on.

      Overall, I find myself using headlamps for everything from night time car
      repairs to nights in camp so this will get some considerable use.

      *Pending Apps:*
      Wenger Xpedition Hiking Boots

      *Currently testing:*
      Nikwax Smooth Leather - Field Testing

      My test status page can be found here

      My reports can be found here:
      http://www.backpackgeartest.org/tester_reviews/timothy.earley
      ?PHPSESSID=5c7d51076aaa5eff31a29d888cdd9f0f

      Additional Roles:
      none

      Thank you for your consideration and I look forward to the test!

      Tim