APPLICATION - Wenger Xpedition - David Wyman

  • Dave Wyman
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 30, 2010
      Please accept my application to test the Wenger Xpedition Mid Boots. I
      mailed my test agreement on Oct 6 2008 and I agree to comply with all
      the report requirements, including Chapter 5, found in the
      BackpackGearTest bylaws v0609.

      TESTER INFORMATION
      NAME: David Wyman
      EMAIL: wyman@...
      AGE: 32
      LOCATION: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
      GENDER: Male
      HEIGHT: 5' 10" (1.78 m)
      WEIGHT: 175 lb (79.40 kg)

      While I've been camping for years, I've only been backpacking for a
      short time. As a fairly new backpacker, I'm still trying to find the
      right equipment so I usually have a mid- to heavy-weight pack (working
      on that) and I alternate between my tent and hammock. I do quite a
      number of short trips in the Pennsylvania (PA) state parks (Raccoon
      Creek and Ohiopyle mostly) and longer trips are usually up in the
      Allegheny National Forest. My dog almost always comes along on the
      longer hikes, and my wife and toddler join me on the shorter ones.

      Plans:

      Planned trips include several day hikes throughout the fall and winter
      seasons as well as one or two multi-night trips into Allegheny National
      Forest. One of those trips will definitely be a good backpacking trip -
      3 days/2 nights/30 miles. The second trip will be similar (3 days/2
      nights) but, if my wife and kids want to come along, may be more car
      camping with mostly day hikes.

      Weather conditions for the day hikes will find temperatures ranging from
      60 F down to 30 F (18 C to -1 C), often over just a few hours, and I
      will be hiking, camping, and backpacking at altitudes ranging from sea
      level up to 3000 ft (914 m). I expect to encounter quite a bit of rain
      and possibly a few snowstorms.

      I'm very interested to see how well Wenger's use of their OutDry and
      HyperGrip technologies keeps the boots, and my feet, dry and slip-free.

      Previous Tests: http://www.backpackgeartest.org/tester_reviews/cybrus

      Current Tests: none

      Current Apps: none

      Thank you in advance for considering this application and a special
      thanks to Wenger for providing this testing opportunity.