Arrived: DTV Poppy Gall Socks - Chari Daignault

  • cdaignault
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 24, 2010
      However, I received the Hike/Trek socks, not the Run/Bike socks. Also, I see no mention of "Poppy Gall" anywhere on the packaging. Received the nice hand-written note mentioned by my fellow testers, and a wooden USB DTV flash drive on which they've provided the DTV OR Summer Press Kit.

      Since this product isn't due out until 1/2011, maybe the packaging is a little off still. Are we to move forward with our IRs?

      -- Chari
    • Kathy Waters
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 24, 2010
        Are the socks the usual DTV blocks of color? Ir is my understanding that the "Poppy Gail" designation is simply a "fashion" thing.

        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 24, 2010
          After reading the Press Release, I've found that "Poppy Gall" is actually a person -- the designer of this type of seamless sock. :)

          I thought it was some sort of new-fangled sock material! HA!!

          Anyway, the socks are definitely DTV socks and thankfully aren't too over the top colorful this time. Since they're hike/trek socks, they're a bit thicker than the run/bike socks, but that shouldn't alter my test plans at all.

          -- Chari

          > Are the socks the usual DTV blocks of color? Ir is my understanding that the "Poppy Gail" designation is simply a "fashion" thing.
          >
          > Kathy

        • Jennifer Pope
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 24, 2010
            Mine are the Hike/Trek too. They have a pattern on them kind of like
            flowers--poppies? The note doesn't mention the sock type, should we assume
            the packaging is correct?

            Jen P.

            On Fri, Sep 24, 2010 at 1:20 PM, Kathy Waters <kathy@...>wrote:

            > Are the socks the usual DTV blocks of color? Ir is my understanding that
            > the "Poppy Gail" designation is simply a "fashion" thing.
            >
            > Kathy

          • Kathy Waters
            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 24, 2010
              YES, the sock are designed for Hiking/Trekking.

              > Mine are the Hike/Trek too. They have a pattern on them kind of like
              > flowers--poppies? The note doesn't mention the sock type, should we
              > assume
              > the packaging is correct?
              >
              > Jen P.
              >
              > On Fri, Sep 24, 2010 at 1:20 PM, Kathy Waters
              > <kathy@...>wrote:
              >

              >> Are the socks the usual DTV blocks of color? Ir is my understanding that
              >> the "Poppy Gail" designation is simply a "fashion" thing.
              >>
              >> Kathy

            • Kathy Waters
              Message 6 of 7 , Oct 3, 2010
                Yeah, Poppy Gail is the designer.

                After reading the Press Release, I've found that "Poppy Gall" is actually a person -- the designer of this type of seamless sock. :)

                I thought it was some sort of new-fangled sock material! HA!!

                Anyway, the socks are definitely DTV socks and thankfully aren't too over the top colorful this time. Since they're hike/trek socks, they're a bit thicker than the run/bike socks, but that shouldn't alter my test plans at all.

                -- Chari

                > Are the socks the usual DTV blocks of color? Ir is my understanding that the "Poppy Gail" designation is simply a "fashion" thing.
                >
                > Kathy

              • cdaignault
                Message 7 of 7 , Oct 4, 2010
                  I posted this September 24th, and it's JUST NOW showing up?! I figured the system had eaten it already. Yahoo for Yahoo!

                  -- Chari