APPLICATION - Primus - EtaPackLite Stove - Brett Haydin

  • Brett Haydin
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 8, 2010
      Please accept my application to test the Primus - EtaPackLite Stove. I have
      read the BGT By-Laws (v.0609) including Chapters 4 and 5 and will comply
      with all of the reporting terms and requirements. My signed tester agreement
      is on file. I will have no difficulty meeting the minimum expected use
      requirements and plan to use the stove more than the required time.

      Name: Brett Haydin
      Age: 37
      Gender: Male
      Height: 5' 11" (1.80 m)
      Weight: 200 lbs (91 kg)

      Sleeve: 33 in (84 cm)

      Email: bhaydin AT hotmail DOT com
      Location: Salida, Colorado USA

      Backpacking Background: I started backpacking in Wisconsin as a youth, being
      involved in the Boy Scouts programs. As a young adult, I worked at a summer
      camp leading backpacking, canoeing and mountain biking trips. I now
      generally take short weekend or day trips in rough, mountainous terrain,
      although I have extensive experience in the upper Midwest as well. I take
      one or two longer trips each year, where I typically carry about 40 lb (18
      kg). I prefer to be prepared and comfortable, but I have taken lightweight
      trips as well.

      ------
      Test Field Locations:
      September - January: Living in the Central Rockies Mountains of Colorado, I
      am surrounded by towering mountains reaching over 14,000 ft (4267 m) as well
      as a number of public lands. Most of my trips will be 1-2 nights in
      sub-alpine environments. Snow in the area is a definite possibility; but
      more importantly there is a wide range of terrain. I am likely to encounter
      anything from crushed rock, to slickrock, to soft forest floors and even
      high arid desert terrain. Temperatures can be anywhere from 0 to 75 F (-18
      to 24 C) with wind chills most certainly lower.

      ------
      Testing Strategy:
      I am really excited about a stove and pot combination that will fit
      everything in one place. Inevitably I need to dig around for the canister
      or the stove and so on. Call it poor organization, or just good space
      management this stove may fit the bill for me. I will be watching for boil
      times under different weather conditions (which likely will go from warm to
      cold) and how well it holds the flame in windy conditions. My menus vary
      from prepackaged and freeze-dried to home-style cooking depending on my
      mood. I will also want to be sure that the kit is easy to clean (does it
      have any sharp edges for food to get stuck in?). How reliable is the
      ignition switch?

      ------
      Current Tests and Stage (1):
      -Sherpa Base Layer (LTR due 9/14/10)

      Other Applications Pending (1):

      -Sunday Afternoons Eclipse Cap

      All of my Completed Tests and Owner Reviews can be viewed at:
      <http://www.backpackgeartest.org/tester_reviews/bhaydin>
      http://www.backpackgeartest.org/tester_reviews/bhaydin

      Monitor Duties: (0)
      Eligible for two assignments